A decentralized cross-distribution software installation system
Zero Install Portable is a handy and reliable tool especially intended for software developers that want to install application without the need of root privileges. If you have a web-site, you can distribute your software: · Create one package that works everywhere · With dependency handling and automatic updates · There is no central point of control Security is central: · Users don’t need administrator access just to install a word-processor · Digital signatures are always checked before new software is run · Users share libraries without having to trust each other · Use of sandboxes and virtualisation is routine You control your own computer: · You don’t have to guess what happens during installation · Mix and match stable and experimental programs on a single system
Here are some key features of “Zero Install Portable”:
- Security is central
- You can control your own computer
- Shared binaries/cache
- Automatic updates
- Binary and source packages
- Native package manager integration
- Run without granting root privileges
- Fixed crash when environment variable specified in is not set
- Added 0store purge command to delete all entries from an implementation store (doing this manually is difficult because of the NTFS permissions involved)
- Introduced new per-user installer for use without administrator permissions
- A number of minor tweaks and bugfixes
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.