Text Filter is a simple-to-use program with limited features which allows you to quickly locate text within a document. It can be handled even by less experienced users.
The interface of the application is based on a plain and intuitive window where you can import a text document (e.g. TXT, RTF) by using the file browser or ‘drag and drop’ functionality. Alternatively, you can paste text directly in the main application window.
So, Text Filter’s main attraction is that you can use a search function to locate text while writing it; each found entry is highlighted in yellow. Furthermore, you can access recently used files, enable word wrapping mode, and make the app hide matched or unmatched files.
But you can also disable the toolbar and status bar, toggle the auto-suggest search feature, as well as pick an option between ‘Naive’, ‘Smart’ and ‘Regex’ query.
The straightforward software application runs on a very low amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time, supports keyboard shortcuts, and includes user documentation. No error dialogs have been displayed throughout our testing and Text Filter did not freeze or crash. Although its lack of advanced features may disappoint advanced users, rookies can quickly learn how to work with Text Filter, thanks to its intuitive layout and overall simplicity.
Text Filter is a handy utility designed to enable you to read, search and filter text files with ease.
Text lines are instantly filtered as you type your search phrase, with all matched terms highlighted in a contrasting color.
This program can be realy useful when you need to read and filter multiple text files on a regular basis.
- Text Filter:
- MuseTips Text Filter is a free, lightweight and portable Windows software that lets you read, search and filter text files with ease.
- Search As You Type:
- Text lines are instantly filtered as you type your search phrase, with all matched terms highlighted in a contrasting color.
- Auto Suggestion for Search Phrase:
- While typing into the search box, the program lists searched phrases for you to choose from. This makes text search easier and faster.
- Regular Expression Fully Supported:
- You can do regex searching by checking Regex Query in Search menu.
- For large text files, regex query may be noticeably slow. In this case, you can uncheck the Search As You Type option in Search menu.
- Multiple Query Modes:
- Besides regex query, you can also do Naive Query and Smart Query.
- Naive Query lets you search anywhere in the document for the entered text, while Smart Query allows for matches on word boundaries only.
- Multiple Filter Modes:
- You can choose to hide either matched or unmatched lines for an easier text view. If you prefer viewing the entire document, make sure the option Show All Lines is checked in Search menu.
- New: click text list items or drag a marquee to select lines;
- New: menu options for selecting and copying text lines;
- New: context menu for text list;
- New: menu option for exporting selected lines;
- New: double-click a text list item to open line in a readonly edit control;
- Enhanced: text list now scrolls by line when dragging vertical scrollbar;
- Enhanced: press Tab to switch between search box and text list.
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function