Ensuring sufficient storage space and making networked resources available across the entire infrastructure are some serious tasks that require specialized solutions for both hardware and software environments. For the latter part, storage area network (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) are among the most widely spread methods and an application that is especially tailored for the job is StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS. This powerful utility was designed in order to guarantee data is synchronized and available from any authorized network device. Through a simple wizard, StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS is able to add devices and include the data stored onto that media to the sync routine that makes the bits accessible anytime. This software is able to work with pretty much any type of server and turn it into a storage device. With support for virtual hard disks, CDs or DVDs, as well as for raw devices and virtual tapes, the program also provides a centralized management console from where all the operations can be supervised and carried out. Backups can be easily made thanks to the integrated Hyper-V and VMware plugins which are meant to ensure quick data restoration for the supported virtual machines. VHD and VMDK formats are supported and there are many other features like testing in a sandbox environment, incremental or full backups and many more. Thanks to its very solid feature pack StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS can indeed be accounted as a strong competitor in its category. The wide array of functions, supported media and methods offered by this utility can certainly place it among the top choices insofar as network storage solutions are concerned..
StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS is an application that provides effective network storage solutions in order to extend storage capabilities. It supports all Windows certified storage devices and hardware such as Fibre Channel, SCSI, IDE and SATA. StarWind’s ability to work well with any hardware components makes the software extremely flexible. End users can configure StarWind using hardware that meets the minimum system requirements, or it can be installed on even the fastest hardware available on the market. With StarWind, it is possible to export your CD, DVD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD or hard drives, export a CD/DVD/BD/HD-DVD image file as a virtual DVD-ROM, create and export virtual RAM drives and more. An exported device becomes available for remote access as the physical drive. After connecting to StarWind, it is possible burn to remote networked burner with any of your favorite burning applications, backup to remote DLT or DDS tape drives with any of your favorite tape backup tools and so on. Note: In order to use this software, users have to create an account and request a trial license.
Here are some key features of “StarWind iSCSI SAN”:
- High Availability:
- StarWind HA acts as fully active-active storage with real-time synchronization and load balancing between nodes. In case of one node’s failure, all storage traffic that was intended for it is automatically routed to a remaining node.
- Synchronous Data Mirroring:
- Replicates data between storage servers with sufficient bandwidth, while ensuring High Availability of data through SAN redundancy. It mirrors two independent storage devices simultaneously via a RAID1 configuration.
- Automatic Failover:
- In case of HA node’s failure the partner server continues to process client requests with no downtime.
- Failback with Fast Synchronization:
- Restores the failed storage node. After the failed node returns online, the system failbacks and performs synchronization between the both nodes copying only changed blocks of data, thus saving time.
- Remote Asynchronous Replication:
- Replicates data off-site over WAN. This allows creation of a robust disaster recovery plan and failover to a remote site for keeping the data save and intact.
- CDP & Snapshots:
- Captures a consistent state of data stored on a SAN. It can be performed manually or according to the defined schedule. Instant, point-in-time snapshots can be mounted and used just like any other volume.
- Global Deduplication:
- Searches for duplicated blocks throughout the system, eliminates redundant data, and transfers only unique data to storage.
- Thin Provisioning:
- Allocates as much storage as necessary at the current moment; avoiding costly over-provisioning.
- Hardware VSS Provider:
- Hardware Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Provider for Deduplication and CDP devices. It is now available as a separate download.
- This module combines COM-object and set of PowerShell commandlets enabling management of the StarWind virtual devices by the third-party scripts and software. It is now available as a separate download.
- Hyper-V Backup Plug-in:
- Hyper-V Backup Plug-in is a powerful solution for fast backup and easy and reliable restore of virtual machines.
- CPU: Intel Xeon E5620 (or higher), or equivalent AMD Opteron
- RAM: 4GB Minimum
- Network: 1GbE minimum
- HDD: SATA, SAS or SSD drive-based RAID array
- 30 days trial
- Major Upgrades:
- 3-node HA configuration:
- StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS V6 ensures synchronous mirroring between 3 nodes of an HA storage cluster! Use of a triple-mirrored cluster eliminates a single point of failure and guarantees 99.9999% uptime. Such storage architecture ensures 50% higher performance compared to a 2-node HA configuration.
- Clustered scale-out NAS:
- StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS V6 unifies diverse storage environments through the consolidation of fileand block-level data in a single storage pool. From now on, you can easily create NAS that is based on the iSCSI SAN, and benefit from both file sharing and advanced technologies of a network storage.
- Configuration and maintenance processes are wizard-driven, intuitive, and require minimum time and effort.
- More Features and Updates:
- Improved usability:
- The HA device configuration process was simplified and accelerated by automating operations that previously required manual intervention. Now, you can add, remove, or switch nod…
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.