Windows 8 is the operating system launched by Microsoft in 2012, and one of its innovations was the removal of the traditional Start Menu. Considering there are numerous people all over the world who are very much used to relying on this tool on a daily basis, software developers have started creating alternatives, such as Start8. The installation process of Start8 can be completed without any issues and users can get a brand new Start Menu for their Windows 8 PC within minutes. The newly-generated Start Menu bear a striking resemblance to the one included in Windows 7, allowing users to easily search for their programs, access the Control Panel, open the Documents, Pictures and Music folders or to explore the games. It also provides users with power options, including restart, log off, sleep, hibernate or switch user accounts. Users can access the Configuration window of Start8 when they want to experiment with different styles of the Start Menu, until they are fully satisfied with the result. As such, they can choose the Windows 7 style or they can opt for the Windows 8 one, which integrates elements of the Start Screen (without making it full screen, as the real one). Users can personalize the entries of their Start Menu, by modifying the default shortcuts and adding new ones, so as to be able to easily access their favorite folders, apps or games. It is also possible to change the default behavior of the power button. Start8 provides users with additional customization options, including the look of the Start button as users can select a custom image of their own to make sure it matches the OS theme. To sum up, Start8 can help users bring back several Windows features they might miss when upgrading to Windows 8, such as directly accessing the desktop rather than the Start Screen when logging in or the Start Menu. Those who want to try Start8 can do so for a limited period of time and purchase a license if they are pleased with the app’s functions..
Windows 8 is available and has taken the Windows interface to a whole new level. Unfortunately, the preview did not come with a desktop feature that the world makes use of billions times a day, the “Start” menu. Luckily, there is a solution! Start8 brings the “Start” menu back to Windows 8. In addition, you can also easily shutdown your PC without needing to access another menus.
Here are some key features of “Start8”:
- Adds a “Start” button to the Windows 8 taskbar.
- Adds a classic styled “Start” menu to the Windows 8 taskbar. Including support for:
- View and launch installed applications (including Modern apps), All Programs menu,
- quick links to commonly accessed folders (Documents, Music, Photos, Computer, and more).
- Adds searchable Start menu options for Windows desktop applications, Modern applications, and documents.
- Automatically load directly to your Windows desktop on login (vs the start screen).
- Pin favorite shortcuts directly to the start menu for easy access.
- Includes support for “jump lists”/recent documents for recently accessed programs.
- 30 days trial period
- Updated for Windows 8.1 RTM compatibility
- Added self-contained menu skinning for Windows 8/8.1(though WindowBlinds skins will still work globally). See the “Which theme do you want to use” dropdown for an example
- The included Start8ThemeEdit.exe (in the application folder) can be used to create new Start8 menu skins.
- New default Start button image. The Windows logo is no longer available as a default selection.
- New features under Control for “Start button shows Windows 8 menu unless docked” and “Start button shows Start8 menu unless in tablet mode” for slate and convertible machines respectively. Users with those machines must manually select one of those options, if they wish to use them.
- Windows 8-style start menu options are available on Windows 8.1 RTM. There are additional options for keeping the taskbar visible and defaulting to the Application view.
- Additional fixes.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function.
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.