A simple and easy to use piece of software that indexes shared files in your Local Area Network and enables you to find the file you need
SoftPerfect Network Search Engine is a comprehensive yet user-friendly application that allows you to easily search for specific files or folders on your LAN, returning quick results. An efficient search engine is vital if the full potential of your medium sized corporate network is to be realized.
This application is a strong search engine that indexes all shared files in your local area network and provides users with the ability to locate necessary files within a few seconds.
SoftPerfect Network Search Engine returns blazing fast search results to your users, even when large numbers of shared files and folders are present. Ideally, you or your users should be able to find that important document or file almost instantly.
The built-in web-server and database ensure trouble free deployment and configuration while the web-based user interface enables users to enter intuitive search queries on all file types using a simple wild-card based format and via their favorite web browser.
Of course, raw search speed is not the only performance criteria. The GUI based administration console provides access to a variety of powerful features and configurable options that make it flexible enough to fulfill most needs.
For example, files or folders can be selectively included or excluded from the database index while the index itself can be maintained using an incremental multi-threaded crawl mode that demands only minimal network resources. Once initial indexing is complete, Network Search Engine will not introduce unnecessary network traffic.
The SoftPerfect Network Search Engine will make use of third party ISAPI & CGI compliant servers with minimum configuration issues. In most cases, configuration simply consists of copying over a group of supplied files to your web server folder.
- Indexes all available shared folders or just those you selected.
- Only indexes file names and folder names (no file contents).
- Provides a built-in high-speed searchable database.
- Accessible via web-interface and Windows GUI client.
- Highly configurable using inclusive/exclusive file, folder and computer filters.
- Convenient administration console.
- Complete and incremental scheduled crawling modes.
- Built-in database- and web-server with the ability to use third party web-server.
- Separate ISAPI & CGI web-server modules supplied.
- 1 Ghz CPU (3 Ghz CPU recommended)
- 256 MB of RAM ( 1 GB of RAM recommended)
- 10 MB free disk space
- Webserver (optional)
- Network connection
- Added multiple server comma-separated support in the GUI client.
- Fixed date formatting as in some cases the US date format was used.