soapUI Portable is an open-source, cross-platform testing tool for SOA (service-oriented architectures) and REST-based web services. It is, in technical terms, a fully-automated functional and regression testing platform that can improve your applications and services by performing extensive validation tests.
This is the portable version of soapUI, sporting the exact same features as the installer version, with the advantage that it doesn’t require deployment, leaving the machine’s registry settings untouched.
soapUI’s core consists of features that include inspection, invoking, development, simulation, mocking, load and compliance / security testing. All of these will help you test your web services and implementations in an interactive manner, inside a trustworthy and powerful environment.
If your application is built on top of a combination of web protocols, you need not worry. soapUI Portable includes support for the most common technologies, such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, AMF, JDBC and JMS, being able to handle services designed with Perl, PHP, J2EE, and NET, to name just a few.
soapUI Portable allows you to perform functional testing in a simple manner, although there’s no limit to the complexity of the scenarios. The analysis is performed dynamically with the TestCase Coverage, while the DataSource TestStep allows you to read data from external sources.
The MockServices will simulate the web services before there’s an actual implementation for them. By enabling you to mimic the behavior of the scenarios, implementation costs are basically reduced to zero.
The Load Testing feature is a more advanced type of benchmark, making it possible to create and redistribute tests locally or remotely; in other words, it emulates a real-world load, thus testing the resistance of your project.
Furthermore, with soapUI Portable you can test your web services against common security vulnerabilities and threats; it manages to do so by simulating attacks and malicious SQL statements in order to point out the weaknesses in your implementation.
To sum it all up, soapUI Portable is a validation and simulation program for web services, which stands out through its robust, powerful and complete testing engine. There’s no limit to the number of scenarios you can create or to the combination of tests you can perform in order to assess and improve the performance of your web project.
soapUI Portable provides you with a comprehensive monitoring and testing utility for REST, WADL and SOAP HTTP web services.
Designed to meet the requirements of developers, soapUI Portable provides support for JMS enterprise messaging layers and databases. It enables you to run load and functional tests against web services, create standards-compliant Mocks or rundata-driven tests.
It features advanced reporting tools and comes with a powerful API that you can use to create plugins and extend its functionality.
You can also download soapUI (installer version)
- 1GHz or higher 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard disk space for installation (SoapUI and HermesJMS)
- Major New Feature:
- Pragmatic REST (SOAP-342)
- Create a REST project with REST request easily using only a URI as input
- Automatic split of a REST URI into Endpoint, Resource and Query
- Automatic extraction of template parameters and query parameters
- Automatic level and style assignment of parameters
- Simplified editing of parameters
- Simplified selection of Method
- Known Issue:
- Resource field parameter changes are not synched with the parameter table (SOAP-621 )
- Bugs fixed:
- Exporting WADL doesn’t export changes that were made (SOAPUI-4620)
- REST load tests taking too long to run if a small Test Delay is set (SOAPUI-4668)
- Pro only) JDBC test step fails to reflect changes on environment (SOAP-431)
- HTTP Tunnel monitor drops the http protocol version (always uses HTTP/1.1) (SOAP-354)
- JDBC connection wizard for DB2 does not add semi colon at end of connection string (SOAP-472)
- Add -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 to start file jvm parameters (SOAP-461)
- Assertion TestStep editor cannot be reopened after en…