The main criterion when choosing a media player is, in most cases, the ability to play as many video and audio formats as possible. This is also the case of SMPlayer, a software solution based on MPlayer that’s supposed to play most, if not all, multimedia formats out there. This utility doesn’t need external codecs and it should be fine when working with avi, mkv, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, mov, wmv, mp3 and ogg files, as well as with Internet streams and DVD discs. You should be pretty familiar with the interface if you have already used MPlayer. SMPlayer uses the same clean and user-friendly look, despite the fact that it hides so many powerful features. During our tests, the software managed to play all formats we tried, although we had to wait a little bit when running the application for the first time because it needed to index fonts and other elements. SMPlayer offers a lot of customizations and the settings menu follows the same idea as the rest of the application, so it’s pretty straightforward if you wish to modify certain things regarding the interface or the way it works. SMPlayer is very easy to use, highly configurable and, all in all, it software does a pretty decent job. Also, thanks to its ability to handle a wide variety of formats, this software can easily be the player of choice for many users..
SMPlayer is a handy application that uses MPlayer as a video engine, so it’s able to play the most known audio and video formats without any need of external codecs (avi, mkv, ogm, mpeg, vob, 3gp, asf, mov, wmv, mp3, ogg). SMPlayer features support for srt, sub, ssa and embedded subtitles. Furthermore, users can configure the font, size and color of the subtitle. SMPlayer is also capable of remembering the settings of all the multimedia files you play.
Here are some key features of “SMPlayer”:
- Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen.
- Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video.
- Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.
- Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X… and even in slow motion.
- Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise… and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).
- Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.
- Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.
- Playlist. Allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after each other. Auto-repeat and shuffle supported too.
- Preferences dialog. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialog.
- Possibility to search automatically for subtitles on the Internet
- Translations: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 20 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- SMPlayer can now update its internal Youtube code from internet so it’s not necessary to update smplayer everytime Youtube makes a change.
- A section “Updates” has been added to the preferences dialog, where it’s possible to configure or disable the update checker.
- SMPlayer could still fail to find some subtitles from opensubtitles.org. Hopefully this is fixed.
- (Windows) The autoload of subtitles with non latin1 filenames has been fixed.
- The Windows installer gives the possibility to delete most of the configuration files of smplayer. This can be useful if the configuration files have been corrupted or smplayer has been misconfigured. Linux users can use the command “smplayer -delete-config”.
- Several other bugfixes.
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.