Smart Defrag is a powerful defragmenting tool that aims to organize your files and folders in such a manner that your computer’s performance improves.
The user-interface is sophisticated and easy to navigate through. In the main window you can view a list of all drives that Smart Defrag can work on, as well as some information on them (status, free and total size, file system, automatic defrag, boot time defrag).
Additionally, you can add a specific file or folder to be submitted for defragmentation. There is one major problem, though. This window where the drives are listed cannot be enlarged at all (not even if you maximize the Smart Defrag window). So, if you have several volumes, you are able to access only the first four of them.
The defragmenting process can be performed in three ways – defrag only, defrag and fast optimize, or defrag and fully optimize. Plus, you can enable the computer to shut down, sleep or hibernate once Smart Defrag finishes a task.
Automatic Defrag is a defragmenting method that is initiated once a volume has been idle for more than several minutes, and it pauses whenever resource usage exceeds a certain number (these numbers can be configured in the Settings menu).
Boot Time Defrag is a feature of Smart Defrag which performs a defragmenting task on files that cannot be safely moved while Windows in running. You can also schedule defrags, so you do not need to intervene. Furthermore, you can create an exclusion list for any files and folders you do not want to be analyzed or defragmented.
Results can be viewed in Report – before and after fragmentation rate, a summary on total file and directories (plus defragmented ones), and elapsed time.
All in all, Smart Defrag is a great tool for defragmenting volumes. It does not have many features, but they are enough to perform a quick and thorough defrag job. Besides, it uses a low amount of system memory.
IObit Smart Defrag defrags your HDD drive most efficiently. With “Install it and forget it” feature, IObit Smart Defrag works automatically and quietly in the background on your PC, keeping your hard disk running at its speediest.
Smart Defrag not only provides defragmentation, but also intelligently streamlines your files based on using frequency, thus accelerating disk speed and the whole system for top performance! Smart Defrag works fast, automatically and quietly in the background and is suitable for large hard drives.
- Extremely Easy to Use:
- Install it and forget it. This powerful, free utility works continuously, automatically and quietly in the background on your PC. Its intuitive interface makes IObit Smart Defrag the ideal utility for complete computer dummies.
- Exceptionally Efficient Defragmentation:
- IObit Smart Defrag has the world’s fastest defragmenting engine. It’s been specially designed for modern, large hard drives, so it eliminates long waiting times.
- Optimize Your File System:
- IObit SmartDefrag doesn’t just use simple defragmentation. It also streamlines your file system, enabling your computer to run at top speed with the most stability.
- Always-on to Work Automatically:
- IObit SmartDefrag works automatically and quietly in the background, so it continually and constantly keeps your computer fragment-free.
- Data Safe and Reliability Guaranteed:
- Besides, unlike other “Automated” Defragmenters, Smart Defrag does NOT constantly perform analysis and defrag, which does damage your hard drive and shorten its life. Smart Defrag has a “Safe Intelligence” technology that can assure the health of your disk by deciding When and How to execute defragmentation.
- 300 MHz processor or faster processor
- 256 MB of RAM
- 30 MB of free hard disk space
- DVD or CD-ROM drive
- Includes all the changes from the previous Beta versions