Whether you prefer action movies, soap operas, entertainment shows or sports events, television can provide it all – and you are no longer limited to watching these programs on a TV set as you can use your computer as a replacement. In other words, using specialized software you can enjoy your preferred TV shows on your PC, and one such app is ProgDVB.
During installation, the software enables you to configure several of its settings, but if you are not sure about their meaning, you can just use the default selections and change them at a later time (from the dedicated Options window), after you get familiarized with the app’s functionality.
ProgDVB can be used to process the TV input, regardless of the device you have: Digital TV device, Internet TV or radio, IPTV, analog TV device, and it can also recognize your remote control (HID or Microsoft RC, as well as WinLirc).
The interface is well-organized and, if you choose the Internet TV or radio, you can easily explore all the available stations, from the country you prefer. Needless to say, the video and audio quality depends on the strength of your Internet connection.
In order to ensure you can locate any channel with ease, you can rename the title of a channel or you can add it to the Favorites list, thus accessing it with as much as a mouse click.
In addition to playing a TV channel, ProgDVB allows you to use the scheduler for predefined tasks, including recording, channel flipping or closing the app, along with PC shutdown, hibernate and stand by.
The Options window is the place where you can modify the video’s brightness, contrast or saturation for all channels, along with configuring the audio codecs or the delay.
To sum up, ProgDVB offers you the proper tool for enjoying TV channels on your own computer, and if you have a stable and fast Internet connection, your TV set might become obsolete and no longer needed for entertaining you.
ProgDVB – software which allows you to watch SAT-Television and listen to Radio channels directly from satellite by using DVB-PCI cards with hardware decoders on the board, SAT-dish, and personal x86-compatible computers.
ProgDVB is a very useful application for those who want to watch television shows and programs on their computer.
ProgDVB has options for working with network broadcasting and Audio/Video recording of the stream to different digital-media formats. ProgDVBR is in development, so new versions will be available for download from time to time.
At the present moment work on the following cards is possible:
· Aver DVB-S
· BroadLogic 2030/1030
· Compro VideoMate DVB-S
· DVBWorld USB2.0 DVB-S/DVBWorldDTV(PCI-Sat), Acorp TV878DS/ DS110/ DS120, Nextorm NBS240/ NSC120
· GeniaTech DigiStar DVB-S PCI
· Kworld DVB-S 100 compatible (Vstream, Dynavision….. )
· ADS Tech – Instant TV DVB-S (Part Number: PTV-341)
· LifeView FlyDVB
· Netcast DVB
· NEWMI Advanced DVB
· Pinnacle PCTV Sat (driver >=260)
· Nexus,Premium (SkyStar1) (the driver 2.x from TechnoTrend)
· TBS Q-Box
· Technisat Sky Star 2 and Sky Star 3 USB or PCI
· Telemann Skymedia 300 DVB (not official)
· TwinHan compatible (VisionDTV, Power Color, Chaintech,…)
· WinTV NOVA (Budget) USB or PCI
· St@rKey usb box
· Cards with BDA driver (With some cards problems are possible)
· Besides work in absence of a card is possible, for example for viewing video of files or as the broadcast client.
Before starting the ProgDVB software – make sure you have SkyStar1 properly installed. It will be better to use IRQ11 or 12 (not shared with others devices). And in the Network’s Option of your PC – Virtual Adapter need to be also configured with TCP/IP. Of course it is more better to use the new drivers from Techno Trend 2.09 or 2.10.
NOTE: Free for non-commercial uses only. Advanced features are available in ProgDVB Professional.
- Intel Pentium – III Processor 500 Mhz.
- 128 MB memory on board.
- 5 MB of disc space (without size of disc space for Video&Audio Recording).
- AGP SVGA GraficVideo-Adapter with 32 MB memory on board.
- SoundBlaster compatible sound card
- Network adapter 10/100 MB/Sec. (High speed Net-card is strongly recommended for Broadcasting).
- DirectX v.8.0 or higher.
- It is much better to use the new drivers from Techno Trend v2.09 or 2.10.
- For work with Recording’s option you will need to install some software codecs from different manufactures.
- Update of Italian localization.
- Many fixes.