This is the portable version of Rapid Environment Editor, a program which permits advanced computer users to easily view and edit environment variables. Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can drop the program files to any location on the hard disk, and just click the executable to run. It is also possible to save Rapid Environment Editor to a USB flash disk or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any computer with minimum effort and no previous installers. An important aspect to take into account is that the Windows registry does not get updated with new entries, and no additional files are created on the HDD without the user’s consent. The interface is made from a standard window divided into two panels filled with system and user variables. The system ones are not subject to editing. Variables can be added (string or expandable string type) and copied to the Clipboard. Plus, you can edit properties, clean up paths and make them long or short, as well as insert file and directory paths. Undoing and redoing actions is possible. Rapid Environment Editor supports a registry backup function, just in case Windows starts experiencing errors after making changes. It features multiple skins, languages and hotkeys, while enabling users to create an exclusion list with variables. The tool runs on a very low amount of CPU and RAM, so it does not affect the overall performance of the computer. We have not come across any problems in our tests, since Rapid Environment Editor did not hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. In conclusion, Rapid Environment Editor comes bundled with some user-friendly options for viewing system variables and editing the user ones, backed by an intuitive interface..
Environment variables are specially named string aliases for basic system properties. Environment variables are strings that contain information such as drive, path, or file name. They control the behavior of various programs. For example, the TEMP environment variable specifies the location in which programs place temporary files. NOTE: You can also download Rapid Environment Editor (installer version).
Here are some key features of “Portable Rapid Environment Editor”:
- Editable tree
- Show environment variables and values as an editable tree.
- Portable mode
- RapidEE doesn’t require installation and could be run as a “portable application”
- Error checking
- Automatically checking for invalid pathnames and filenames
- Multilanguage interface
- RapidEE is translated into number of languages (English, Russian, Japanese, French, Polish, German, Italian), and the language can be changed on the fly
- Variable inspector
- Inspector shows miscellaneous information about variables: name, type, value, short file name in the 8.3 naming convention for each long file name and vice versa
- No typing
- You don’t need to type long pathnames. Just choose path using File Explorer tree
- Easy values manipulation
- RapidEE supports drag’n’drop for reordering of variable values
- Environment variables can be backuped to the registry file (.reg)
- Skins allow you to change the look and feel of RapidEE
- Multiuser support
- If you have an admisitrative privileges then you can edit environment variables for any user on your computer
- added: Hungarian translation
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.