Portable ExtractNow is a tool with a name that pretty much sums up its functionality – it allows you to extract files from archives. It can be seamlessly figured out, even by inexperienced users.
Since there is no installation package available, you can store Portable ExtractNow on an external device (like a USB flash drive), save it to any computer and directly run its executable file.
More importantly, there are no updates made to the Windows Registry and no leftover files can be found on the hard drive after removing the app.
The interface of the application is based on a standard window where you can use the ‘drag and drop’ method to import archives for extraction purposes.
The ‘Settings’ screen comes with a wide range of configuration options. For example, you can make Portable ExtractNow minimize to the system tray or stay on top of the other windows, turn off all sounds, as well as set up a user-defined output directory and make the tool overwrite existing items.
Furthermore, you can integrate Portable ExtractNow into the Explorer context menu, create an archive exclusion list, set passwords, specify the thread priority, as well as alter the interface theme and language, among others.
The program requires a low amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time, quickly extracts files and contains user documentation. We have not come across any errors during our tests and Portable ExtractNow did not freeze or crash. All in all, the tool should satisfy all user levels.
Portable ExtractNow is a lightweight applciation tha twill help you easily extract any archives in no time.
Why wear out your clicking finger extracting files one by one when you can extract at once? Portable ExtractNow does a fine job of bundling compressed files and extracting their contents in one fell swoop.
Portable ExtractNow has a clean, well-designed and easy-to-use interface. To extract files, simply drag and drop them into the main program window, or right-click the files while in Windows Explorer.
Simple but not simplistic, this is a powerful and reliable program that will be of use to anyone who manages many compressed files.
The program supports ZIP, RAR, ACE, JAR, ISO, IMG, IMA, IMZ, BIN, MP3 (MP3>WAV), LHA, LHZ and SIT formats.
- Supports most major archive formats
- Drag and drop files or folders from Windows Explorer to extract them
- Simple user interface and sleek design in a small package
- Recursively search through folders for archives (Just drag and drop them)
- Delete files or close program after extraction options
- Windows explorer file associations for all supported archive types
- Extract files into current directory, named folder, or favorite folder of choice
- System tray icon on Minimize and Always on top features
- Integrates with Windows Explorer via special context menu items
- Added support for RAR5 archives
- Added icon to group context menu item
- Added polish translation from tomasz gasior
- Fixed bug in progress on certain archives
- Fixed filename bug with xz archives