Portable Defraggler is a software which enables you to defragment your hard drive, thus freeing space and speeding up the hard disk functioning.
Since it is a portable product, Defraggler doesn’t require installation. You can simply place it on an external device and run it on any computer. More importantly, your Windows registry keys will not be modified.
The user interface of the application is simple and easy to use. You can select a volume to analyze or defragment (normally or quickly).
You can also check the drive for errors, defrag free space and optionally allow fragmentation. Next to the volume names you can view their file system type, capacity, used and free space, as well as fragmentation and status.
Right below the visual representation of the defragmenting process you can check out analysis results, which consist of total and current fragments, fragmented files and fragmentation.
In addition, you can view a list of the files, along with their fragments number, size and path, drive map, health, temperature and other S.M.A.R.T. information (e.g. read error rate, spin-up time, command timeout, buffer size, drive letters, transfer mode, power on hours). Also, you can filter search parameters.
Furthermore, you can schedule a defragmenting task, initiate boot time defrag, set priority and enable Defraggler to shut down the computer once it’s done working.
In the “Options” menu, you can select the interface language, temperature unit, disable Portable Defraggler from automatically checking for updates, enable to move large files to the end of the drive during the entire task, set custom rules, create an exclusion list, and more.
You will be interested to know that the program uses a moderate amount of system resources and has an online help guide. In conclusion, Portable Defraggler is an excellent tool for performing defragmenting operations and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Portable Defraggler is a defragmentation tool designed to work on files, folders or the entire disk drive.
After analysis, Portable Defraggler will list all the fragmented files on the drive together with their location on disk. The application supports individual file defragmenting.
Portable Defraggler is a special edition of Defraggler than be run from a removable drive.
- Defrag Individual Files:
- Most defragmentation tools only let you defrag the whole drive. Defraggler gives you the power to select individual files and folders to defrag. So you can get the job done in seconds, rather than waiting for the whole drive to complete. Of course if you want to defrag the whole drive Defraggler will let you do that too.
- Compact and Portable:
- Defraggler was written in the same compact architecture as other Piriform products (CCleaner and Recuva). This results in a compact single EXE application, which can be copied to a thumbdrive and then used whenever you need it, without a complex installation process. The EXE itself is less than 1MB!
- Locate Files on the Drive:
- After analysis Defraggler lists all the fragmented files on the drive. Selecting one or many will highlight their location on the disk. Allowing you to visually see the location of files on the disk
- Added Windows 8.1 support.
- Added SSD optimization for Windows 8.
- Added Samsung and JMicron SSD TRIM optimization.
- Enhanced Solid State Drive detection accuracy.
- Added additional SMART data to Health tab.
- Improved search procedure for finding small files.
- Updated translations.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.