Portable CSV2OFX is a software utility which helps individuals easily convert CSVs to OFX documents. There is also an installer version, called CSV2OFX.
This tool does not require installation, meaning that the program files can be easily copied to any location on the hard disk, and simply double-click the EXE in order to run it. In addition to that, they can be dropped to a USB flash drive or other similar device, so as to use the app on any computer one might have access to.
It also important to keep in mind that Portable CSV2OFX is not going to affect the Windows registry and Start menu/screen in any way.
The user-friendly and simple interface enables you to convert bank and credit card statements, savings accounts and investments, and the list goes on.
After upload, the software tool opens a CSV mapper in which you can set up details such as date, amount, currency, payee, check number, account type and number, and balance.
Once all these actions are selected, the main window is going to display the status of the file along with the number of bank and credit card transactions found.
The settings panel enables you to input the bank ID, branch and account number. Moreover, you can choose to open documents after save, use dots as decimal separators, and generate the reference from date, amount, payee and check.
This application can support Microsoft Money, a commercial software for personal finance management. Unfortunately, it has been abandoned and replaced with Microsoft Money Plus Sunset.
In conclusion, Portable CSV2OFX is a useful piece of software which transforms CSV files into OFX, without putting a strain on your computer’s performance. Response time is good and there were no errors, bugs or crashes during our tests.
Portable CSV2OFX is an useful application that was designed to help you convert your CSV files to the OFX format. Simply point to the CSV file and CSV2OFX will do the rest.
The application converts bank statement, credit card statement, investment activity statement (CSV) to OFX format reviewing all transactions before converting.
You can also download CSV2OFX (installer version)
- Convert bank statement, credit card statement, investment activity statement (CSV) to OFX format reviewing all transactions before converting
- Convert CSV to OFX
- Convert XLS (Excel) to OFX (open the file in Excel, copy cells with transactions to the clipboard, and then click the Paste from clipboard in CSV2OFX)
- Convert any spreadsheet data into OFX (open the file in your spreadsheet software, copy cells with transactions to the clipboard, and then click the Paste from clipboard in CSV2OFX)
- Use it to view your CSV files (this is FREE option, no purchase required)
- Manually remap transaction data elements and access mapping profiles in one click
- Combine multiple bank statement files into single OFX file and load it once
- Automate conversion using commandline mode (csv2ofx.exe input.file output.OFX)
- Limited to 3 converted transactions
- Nag screen
- Added option to allow non-numeric checks