PhotoAcute Studio is a program that comes packed with several tools to help you make image adjustments. It supports multiple formats, including JPG, BMP and PNG.
The interface of the application is uncomplicated. Pictures can be imported into the file list by using either the file browser or folder view (‘drag and drop’ is not supported). Processing multiple items in batch mode is permitted.
The tool lets you select one of the available presets to process photographs. Alternatively, you can choose individual options, such as increasing the resolution, or blending the High Dynamic Range (HDR).
Furthermore, you can expand the depth of field, fix chromatic aberrations and correct the image geometry. But you can also select a suitable camera profile (based on the EXIF information), as well as establish alignment and fusion properties regarding the camera stability, spatial alignment, base image, moving objects and radiometric alignment.
Pictures can be previewed in a small frame within the interface. By switching to ‘tone mapping’ mode, you can select the Almalence, Reinhard or Fattal preset. Additionally, you can adjust the levels for the intensity, contrast, adaptation, color correction, color vividness, micro contrast, saturation and attenuation. After calculating full tone mapped images, you can compare results.
From the ‘Settings’ area you can adjust the JPEG quality and make PhotoAcute Studio use Adobe DNGConverter for RAW processing, to use RAW profiles for 16 or 32-bit images and to crop unmatched edges.
The graphic editing tool requires a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time and quickly applies changes to the pictures. We have not come across any issues during our tests. However, PhotoAcute Studio is designed while keeping the power user in mind; beginners would have a hard time figuring out this app’s advanced features.
PhotoAcute Studio is a piece of software that helps you retouch your digital photos and significantly increase their quality.
It processes sets of photos taken in continuous mode to produce high-resolution, low-noise pictures.
It increases image resolution, removes noise without losing image details, corrects image geometry and chromatic aberrations and expands the dynamic range. You will get an amazing image quality improvement without changing your camera.
Most modern digital cameras and some camera phones support the so-called “continuous shooting” or “burst” mode.
PhotoAcute Studio is an application primarily developed for processing sets of digital photographs taken in “continuous mode” to produce high-resolution, low-noise pictures. You will get amazing image quality improvement without changing your camera.
- Image resolution increase beyond camera capabilities:
- Using sophisticated algorithms, PhotoAcute Studio produces single high-resolution image from a sequence of photos.
- Unlike the digital zooming and image sharpening, resultant images do really have higher spatial resolution. Small, thin and far away objects, traceries, textures and inscriptions become recognizable.
- Strong noise reduction without losing image details:
- By processing several photos of the same scene, PhotoAcute Studio separates the useful signal and the noise, thus providing strong noise reduction without losing the image details.
- Image geometry correction:
- PhotoAcute Studio corrects geometric distortion, caused by the camera optics. This gives photos right perspective and natural look.
- Chromatic aberrations correction:
- Every lens focuses the light of different wavelengths on different positions. This causes chromatic aberration that is seen as “fringes” of color around the image.
- PhotoAcute Studio corrects this aberration, minimizing the circle of confusion.
- Dynamic range expansion:
- By using the advanced weighting technique, PhotoAcute Studio is able to restore shadows and clipped highlights from the photos taken in exposure-bracketing mode. It produces the image that could only be taken with the camera that had much wider dynamic range.
- Removing the unneeded moving objects:
- With PhotoAcute Studio, you can take photo of a scene overlapped with unwanted moving objects, then automatically clearing these objects away.
- 512 MB RAM (more recommended)
- 1GB or more RAM recommended for processing RAW images
- A watermark is placed on the saved images
- New profiles:
- Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
- Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4
- Canon EOS 600D/Rebel T3i
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EF 70-210mm f/4
- Canon FD 24mm f/2
- Canon FD 400mm f/4.5
- Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 Macro
- Canon FDn 35-105mm f/3.5
- Canon FDn 35mm f/2
- Hasselblad 6×6 Zeiss 120mm f/4 Macro
- Hasselblad 6×6 Zeiss 80mm f/2.8
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8
- Nikon D3X
- Leica Elmarit 100mm f/4
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
- Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Sigma with 1.4X Teleconverter
- Nikon D800
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8D
- Nikon D800E
- Nikon 28mm f/1.8 G
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4
- Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II
- Olympus E-M5
- Olympus Zuiko 12mm f/2
- Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
- Olympus E-PL1
- Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6
- Pentax Q
- 01 Standard Prime 8.5mm f/1.9
- Samsung NX300
- Samsung EX-S30NB 30mm f/2.0…