Phoner Portable is a software utility designed in order to help people make phone calls to VOIP applications, landlines and cell phones.
This is the portable counterpart of Phoner, meaning that installation is not a prerequisite. As a consequence, the Windows registry and Start menu/screen are not going to be affected in any way and there will be no leftover files upon its removal.
In addition to that, you can use Phoner Portable on any computer you have access to, by placing the program files to a portable storage unit, such as a USB flash drive, and click the executable.
This software tool supports VOIP/SIP, CAPI and TAPI modes and you can connect to a subscriber line as a SIP client. It is important to keep in mind that outgoing calls are going to be charged as if you were using your normal phone.
The simple interface sports microphone and speakers volume bars, dial buttons, several shortcut buttons and a menu bar. This enables any type of person to use it, regardless of his or her previous experience with computers.
It is possible to divert a phone call to another number, or you can easily set up an answering machine to pick up after a user-input number of seconds. Aside from that, you can select the output folder, save format (PCM, MP3 and ADPCM), maximum recording length, enable loud playback while recording, notify all calls with CallerID and when recording is available and the list goes on.
To conclude, Phoner Portable is a useful piece of software for people who still have a phone line and want to connect it to their computer. However, the interface could use a little bit more work.
- ISDN-Adapter with CAPI 2.0 (32 Bit)
- at least AMD/Pentium 100 MHz
- 32 MB RAM and more
- Fullduplex capable soundcard (16 Bit)
- Microfon and speakers (better: headset)
- Display of caller ID
- Phone book (assignment caller ID to name)
- Import of Outlook contacts
- Individual announcements in answering mashine (per caller, called number)
- Individual ring tones (per caller)
- Drag&drop handling
- Log book
- Answering mashine with remote enquiry
- Incoming calls: identifiy, accept, reject or ignore
- Sending of SMS to mobile phones
- Sending emails with built-in SMTP client
- Recording of actual call
- ISDN supplementary services (id supported by CAPI)
- Multiple calls (HOLD)
- Terminal portability (TP)
- Call transfer (ECT)
- 3 party conference (3PTY)
- Call diversion (FORWARD)
- Call deflection (CD)
- Call completion (CCBS and CCNR)
- Message Waiting Indication (MWI)
- EarlyB3Connect (tones from trunk line)
- D-channel monitoring (AVM equipment only)
- Network support due to integrated web server
- TTS (Text-To-Speech) as SMS alternative
- Built-in COM-Server for 3rd party control
- Line Interconnect (Transfer over 2nd B-channel)
- VoIP support for SIP connections
- Supported codecs: G.711 (A-Law and u-Law), GSM, iLBC and Speex
- STUN support for NAT/firewalls
- Search using ENUM
Trackback from your site.