PDF24 Creator is a tool that lets you convert any printable document (including images) to the PDF format.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. You can use the Explorer-based layout to locate files and the “drag and drop” method to add them for editing. Batch processing is supported.
So, you can browse through a document’s pages, zoom in and out, fit the height, width or whole page to screen,as well as rotate pages and save them in various formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF.
Furthermore, you can compress files and extract content from archives, view file properties, rename files and folders, as well as import from file, camera or scanner.
Additionally, you can view PDF files only, toggle between the horizontal and vertical layout, preview documents or just view their numbers, extract pages from a PDF file, create a self-signed certificate, and more.
In “Preferences” you can change the interface language, set the PDF quality (from standard to best), write strings to erase in filenames, enable PDF24 Creator to automatically download and install updates, and others.
The application runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. The layout of the text, images and tables is kept at a very good quality. We haven’t encountered any errors.
There is no help file available and you cannot configure any kind of PDF settings (e.g. edit metadata, convert only particular pages). Nevertheless, we strongly recommend PDF24 Creator, since it’s simple to use by all levels.
PDF24 Creator is practical and reliable application specially designed for creating, converting and merging PDF files.
You can create PDF files out of almost any application if the application provides a print option.The PDF24 Creator installs a PDF printer named “pdf24”. You can use this printer in windows like any other printer. After printing a document on pdf24, a PDF file will be created automatically and an assistant opens. Here you can save, show or edit the PDF file.
The application contains a PDF Editor which you can use to merge multiple PDF to one, split PDF, extract pages from PDF, copy one or more pages from one PDF to another, set document properties such as title and author, encrypt PDF files and prevent so from unauthorized printing, convert documents like Word, Excel or images to PDF or sign PDF files.
The preview of each PDF document gives you a fast overview and assists you in editing. A PDF viewer is also embedded.
- Merge and split PDF files
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
- BugFix: Fixed issues with the save as dialog:
- Fixed a major bug introduced in version 6.3. Entered values in the text boxes of the save as dialog could not be correctly read by the app so that they were not used in saving process. Default values were used instead. Passwort protection for instance could not be used although correctly entered all fields.
- Improvement: Optimized environment variables:
- Improved the environment variables of the apps so that the pdf24 apps itself can be used in auto save mode without to use the whole path of the app.
- Improvement: Further optimized focus optimization from version 6.3.0:
- We improved the focus optimization from version 6.3.0. The problem was that if you have clicked into a form element and if you have moved the mouse out of the element then the form element lost its focus so that you could not enter text. The mouse had to be in the element to enter text. That was a little bit bad and we have optimized that so that you now can click into an e…