PDF24 Creator is a tool that lets you convert any printable document (including images) to the PDF format.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. You can use the Explorer-based layout to locate files and the “drag and drop” method to add them for editing. Batch processing is supported.
So, you can browse through a document’s pages, zoom in and out, fit the height, width or whole page to screen,as well as rotate pages and save them in various formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF.
Furthermore, you can compress files and extract content from archives, view file properties, rename files and folders, as well as import from file, camera or scanner.
Additionally, you can view PDF files only, toggle between the horizontal and vertical layout, preview documents or just view their numbers, extract pages from a PDF file, create a self-signed certificate, and more.
In “Preferences” you can change the interface language, set the PDF quality (from standard to best), write strings to erase in filenames, enable PDF24 Creator to automatically download and install updates, and others.
The application runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. The layout of the text, images and tables is kept at a very good quality. We haven’t encountered any errors.
There is no help file available and you cannot configure any kind of PDF settings (e.g. edit metadata, convert only particular pages). Nevertheless, we strongly recommend PDF24 Creator, since it’s simple to use by all levels.
PDF24 Creator is practical and reliable application specially designed for creating, converting and merging PDF files.
You can create PDF files out of almost any application if the application provides a print option.The PDF24 Creator installs a PDF printer named “pdf24”. You can use this printer in windows like any other printer. After printing a document on pdf24, a PDF file will be created automatically and an assistant opens. Here you can save, show or edit the PDF file.
The application contains a PDF Editor which you can use to merge multiple PDF to one, split PDF, extract pages from PDF, copy one or more pages from one PDF to another, set document properties such as title and author, encrypt PDF files and prevent so from unauthorized printing, convert documents like Word, Excel or images to PDF or sign PDF files.
The preview of each PDF document gives you a fast overview and assists you in editing. A PDF viewer is also embedded.
- Merge and split PDF files
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
- BugFix: Added a TWAIN fix:
- Added a Twain fix which could cause an application crash in some circumstances
- BugFix: Preview generation could cause application crash:
- The PDF24 Creator could crash if the user drags & drop pages from one document to another while the preview generation of the documents is still in progress.
- Improvement: Faster preview generation:
- The preview generation in the PDF24 creator is now more parallel. This is faster on CPU’s with multiple cores.
- Improvement: Custom page size section of the PDF printer driver optimized:
- Optimized the PDF printer driver in terms of custom page sizes. Sometimes the wrong page size was used.
- Improvement: ParseDSCComments is now enabled:
- This parses the DSC comments and add that information to the target document.
- Update: Updated all language files:
- We have updated all language files and added some new elements too, which are currently not fully translated.