oCam is an intuitive software application designed to help users capture and record their desktop activity. The program provides two different modes for taking screenshots and recording videos, namely full screen or a selected area.
It sports a minimalist window which allows users to set up the entire process with just a few clicks. The video files and images are automatically saved to the specified directory. Plus, you can open the saving folder directly from the primary panel.
The video files are exported to AVI format, while the images are saved to PNG. The selected area can be manually adjusted with the use of the mouse cursor, but you can also choose from different preset sizes.
The application offers support for audio recording options as well, and you can pick the device, channel and sample rate.
Other important features worth mentioning give users the possibility of configuring the video parameters by specifying the FPS and bitrate, and including the cursor in the video recording sessions.
Hotkeys are available for a better control over the entire process and they can be reassigned. You can also choose a default saving directory and limit the recording time.
What’s more, it is possible to pick the video codecs directly from the primary panel, as the program lists the ones that are currently installed on your computer.
All things considered, oCam offers very good image and video quality and doesn’t hamper system performance. Although it doesn’t bundle many audio and video recording features, it provides a user-friendly environment for helping you capture and record your screen activity.
oCam is a useful application designed to help users record or capture their desktop screen.
oCam is also able to capture the sounds currently playing on your computer. The mouse cursor can be included in the output recording.
- Video codecs installed on your computer by selecting the user can record.
- Support videos larger than 4GB.
- Screen capture is possible.
- Computer screen, video recording is possible.
- Recording sound from your computer as you can.
- During recording, the mouse cursor can be set to be included.
- oCam dual-monitor support.
- Preferences from the FPS setting is possible.
- Automatically recording the end of recording timeout function is available.
- Record the results can be stored in a specific folder, you have the option.
- Strengthen internal security
- Added language support for Hungarian
- Added language support for Chinese Traditional
- Code optimization and update of ffmpeg library
- The screen modified so that it does not get into sleep mode or standby during recording
- Fixed a delay occurs in the screen capture and video recording
- Manifest file, so as to support Windows 8.1
- Change to 6000 -> 20000 bitrate value of default
- Fixed the problem of losing the CPU shares
- Improve the recording quality than the existing version
- Improved the accuracy of the frame during recording
- Fixed Crash program in the case of repeated quickly start and stop video recording
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system