Norman Malware Cleaner is one of the new apps in the security software industry, promising to keep computers around the world away from malware and other dangerous files that could compromise user’s safety.
Although it comes packed as an over 130 MB file, Norman Malware Cleaner has adopted a different approach.
This software doesn’t have an installer, since viruses are now attempting to block installation of antiviruses and security tools, so it’s being delivered as an executable file, which means you only need to double click the file to launch the app.
The interface is pretty basic and that’s a very good thing, since the purpose of the whole software is to find and delete infections.
There are four scanning modes, quick, normal, full and custom, so choose the one that fits you best. Of course, the full mode will need much more time, while the quick one is better for a quick analysis of the computer.
During our testing, scanning the computer in quick mode took around 2 minutes, while the full option needed around 20 minutes to complete. Still, the latter was a bit more efficient as it checked every single file on the computer for malicious data.
There are multiple options available in the dedicated tab, giving you the power to enable verbose logging, quarantine, archive unpacking, memory scanning, FakeAV scanning, rootkit cleaning, multithreading, detection of potentially unwanted programs and Sandbox.
The Quarantine tab provides a quick look over the suspicious files detected by Norman Malware Cleaner, with dedicated tools to restore or delete the files permanently at the bottom of the main window.
Norman Malware Cleaner is no replacement for a fully fledged antivirus, but if cleaning your computer of infected files wasn’t possible with the existing tools, this one is really worth a chance.
Norman Malware Cleaner is a Norman program designed to remove malware from your computer.
Note that it should not be used as a substitute for running normal proactive antivirus protection, but rather as a reactive tool to handle systems that are already infected.
By downloading and running Norman Malware Cleaner it will clean an infected system completely:
· kill running processes that are infcted
· remove infections from disk (including ActiveX components and browser helper objects)
· reveal and remove rootkits
· restore correct registry values
· remove references created by malware in hosts file
· remove windows firewall rules for malicious programs
This tool will not work in Windows Safe Mode. Please run Windows in Normal Mode.
Here are some key features of “Norman Malware Cleaner”:
· Easy to install and run
· Detect and Remove malware (viruses, Rootkit’s, FakeAV, worms and more)
· Utilize advanced Anti-Rootkit technology
· Quarantine module to process the detected files
· Deep scan and cleaning including Norman patented Norman SandBox technology
· Supports Quick- and Deep Scan mode
· New command line function for better tailor scanning across several machines (businesses)
· Daily signature updates available