Audio recording, editing and mixing are tasks not to easy to carry out, especially without a proper software solution at hand for processing the input. Among the applications designed for these types of operations, n-Track Studio tries to combines function variety with ease of use to offer a really enjoyable experience to its users.
Right off the bat you will surely notice the interface is quite appealing, with its well organized layout providing quick access to all the features. The customizable view of n-Track Studio makes it possible for you to quickly choose the elements that are displayed in the main window, depending on the type of job you are currently working on.
Since it supports recording from several connected sound cards in the same time, you can easily create complex projects that involve multitrack mixing. There are may effects that can be added to a single track and what seems to be most interesting in this respect is the ability to add real-time effects and get instant feedback.
Converting songs saved in WAV format is possible and you will be able to turn them into MP3, OGG or WMA files. Also, if the tracks you load are encoded with different sampling frequencies, you can bring them all to the same value using the dedicated function available in the same conversion related area.
For those who need to work with MIDI files, n-Track Studio offers a piano-roll based editing facility, which can also be used for importing and exporting the MIDI tracks. This specialized tool can display the tempo evolution and you can use it to increase or decrease the velocity of the loaded audio, set note length and much more.
The built-in mixer that n-Track Studio comes with supports several auxiliary inputs and many separated channels, each with its set of individual controls. Those interested in analyzing track and channel frequencies have at their disposal a 3D spectrum view. If a sonogram or simple spectrum view are preferred, they can be accessed from each track’s settings window.
All in all, n-Track Studio is an application that can cater to most needs of advanced users, while also being accessible for less experienced ones. Its solid set of features make this software one of the top-grade choices in its category.
n-Track Studio is a complete recording studio in your PC: all you need is a card and some free space on your hard disk to store audio data.
n-Track Studio supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track, allowing the user to listen immediately to the result of a change in the parameters of an effect: up to 25 combinations of effects per track are allowed. n-Track Studio is a multitrack recording and editing program.
Built-in effects include Reverb, AutoVol, Echo, Pitch Shift, Chorus and Track EQ. The program can use third party DirectX and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals in a number of different ways.
Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
n-Track Studio uses 24 bit (32 bit floats) resolution for mixing and effects processing. Various wave files formats are supported, mono & stereo tracks are can coexist in the same song and wave editing operations can be performed from within the program.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Volume and pan evolution can be programmed by drawing on the timeline window.
When all the tracks have been recorded and all the settings are correct, it’s possible to mix-down all the tracks to a single wave file for recording it to a compact disk using a CD recorder or for distributing it through the Internet (using the built-in mp3 encoder).
- Speed and transpose controls for whole song, tracks and individual tracks .wav files
- Support for skinning user interface. Skins dialog box lets easily change program appearance, including colors and graphic files used to draw the interface
- Scrubbing to audition parts of the song by dragging with the mouse in the scrub area below upper time axis
- Change speed with or without changing pitch
- Reverse playback of song and .wav files
- Waveforms can now be zoomed beyond 1 sample/1 pixel level
- Sample by sample manual editing at high zoom levels
- Allow directly specifing of musical key (instead of transpose /-) of Acidized loop .wav files
- Mono-stereo-left-right-expand to stereo channel mixer button
- Dockable channel properties window instead of modal popup dialog box
- Button on waveform to audition single .wav file
- Button on waveform to drag .wav file without having to switch into the ‘drag wave files’ mouse mode (Ctrl key)
- Tab control to switch between timeline and Piano-roll windows
- Pentium IV 1 Ghz or better
- 512 Mb RAM
- 10 days trial
- Nag screen
- Fixed rare case in which tracks with take lanes had portions of the track muted [Bug Fix]
- Fixed sidechain not working in nEfx Compressor plugin [Bug Fix]
- Fixed 64 bit version of n-Track not automatically loading via nBridge a 32 bit plugin on a song saved with the 32 bit version [Bug Fix]
- Fixed rare crash toggling take lanes sections [Bug Fix]