Mars Notebook is a full-featured text editor, created as a more affordable alternative to the widely-used Microsoft Office Word.
The app boasts some powerful functions, much like other editors, which means that using Mars Notebook should be quite easy thanks to the shared features.
Just like in other text editors, you can select, for instance, a font type, size and color, as well as various emphasis options (bold, italic, underline and strike out). Furthermore, you can choose a text alignment setting, insert bullets and numbering, increase or decrease indent, include tables and hyperlinks.
If you want, you can also select a background color for the text, paragraph and editor.
To aid you in your writing, Mars Notebook comes with an integrated spellchecker, with more than 25 dictionaries available, as well as with an auto-correct feature. Documents can also be organized with ease, by including them under various folders, called “Notebooks”. These can be easily created and managed.
The software allows file export under various formats, such as RTF, RVF, PDF, TXT and HTML. Mars Notebook also supports strong database encryption.
The app comes with a few customization options, such as the ability to change the software’s skin from various available options. The software supports a few language settings, such as English, Polish, German, Spanish and French.
Also, this program is portable, which means it doesn’t necessarily need installation.
All in all, Mars Notebook is a nice alternative to the more expensive options out there. It comes with a wide range of functions that should satisfy your needs. First-time users shouldn’t have problems in finding out all that this software has to offer thanks to the common features shared by most editors.
Mars Notebook is a reliable and useful text editor with tables, formatting, hyperlinks, pictures, spellchecker, text styles and much more. Any amount of sections can be created at any tree level, supports strong data encryption. Import/export from/to MS Word, HTML, text, Unicode text, Works, WordPerfect, Windows Write, RTF files Export to PDF, CHM.
With the help of Mars Notebook you have the possibility to quickly add your personal notes, ideas and to-do lists.
Each section has own document, name and icon, more than 350 icons are available. You can insert, delete, drag sections. Skinnable interface with more than 10 skins included. One data file for all sections. Ability to attach any file to database.
- 8 strong encryption algorithms with up to 448bit key
- spell checker with more than 25 free dictionaries and autocorrect feature
- passwords generator
- automatic database backup
- editable external program skins
- calendar integrated
- checking for new version availability via Internet
- save program options to registry or to file
- works perfectly from flash cards without installation (portable)
- main window can be shown by keyboard shortcut
- search and replace in all available sections
- calculator toolbar can evaluate expressions like ROUND((14+82)*17-(SQR(4)/2+PI))-955
- all toolbars are configurable, it’s possible to hide toolbars, status bar and the ruler
- 64MB RAM
- 10MB HDD
- You can not use encryption
- The maximum amount of sections is 15
- nag screen
- Database deletion after all wrong password attempts even with this option disabled
- Database deletion on Alt+X in password dialog
- In some cases backup folder wasn’t saved
- URL link were not closed after Enter pressed
- Some internal links were incorrect in CHM
- Saving last used CHM export language
- Export to MS Word 2010 (*.docx) without MS Office installed
- Images for background included (check Mars Notebook\Backgrounds folder)
- Some slight fixes