Find mistakes, reconcile two sets of paperwork, figure circuit and dimmer needs, renumber or rearrange channels and dimmers, and assign dimmers automatically
Lightwright is a reliable and straightforward software solution that comes in handy for users who want to organize their paperwork, design color scrolls and specify moving light wheels.
Simply start your show file in VW, then open LW and connect to the drawing file.
Once the link is active, you can make changes in either program and the changes automatically appear in the other. Add lights, delete them, change color, channels, accessories. And if things ever get screwed up, LW5 has a new reconciliation window where you decide which program’s data is correct.
Once you’ve made your decisions, Lightwright makes the changes in both the LW file and the VW drawing.
Lightwright can show you exactly who made which changes on the worksheet, and when. View the worksheet based on when changes were made. Unlimited Undo and history rollback to any point in time make changing your mind quick and easy.
- A color monitor with at least 1024×768 resolution
- Memory: 1 GB, 2GB or more recommended
- 120 MB Free Hard Drive Space
- An internet connection
- Limited to 75 rows
- Nag screen
- Vectorworks 2014 sends X, Y, and Z coordinates as well as Symbol Rotation to Lightwright. These fields can be mapped to any Lightwright User field that is defined as text. Older versions sent the coordinates, but the numeric format was
- unpredictable. Beginning with VW 2014, the data is sent to Lightwright in millimeters. If you want to use one of these fields, go to Setup/Worksheet Column Names & Definitions and choose user fields for them, give them
- appropriate names, and define them as TEXT. Do a “Full export on exit” in Vectorworks, then choose the .xml file again and link them to the appropriate user fields. If you have preferences set to Metric, then the coordinates will be displayed on the worksheet in millimeters, otherwise they will be in Imperial dimensions (feet and inches). Imperial measurements will be rounded to the nearest inch. None of the data from these fields can be sent back to Vectorworks. One advantage to this is that you can blank out Lightwright worksheet coord…