Here are some key features of “Komodo Edit”:
- Code Profiling:
- Komodo IDE now supports code profiling of Python and PHP applications. This allows you to easily code profile an application in order to see where the hotspots are. Komodo also supports the Cachegrind/Callgrind specification, so you can open up generic cachegrind profile files and view them with Komodo’s code profiler tools.
- Updated Stackato Integration:
- Stackato is ActiveState’s cloud hosting platform. Komodo provides tools that will allow you to easily configure, develop, manage and deploy applications to the Stackato cloud platform. Use the “Tools > Stackato” menu to launch the Stackato interface.
- Code Browsing:
- The Code Browser will now only show the outline for the currently edited file, though you can easily change this to show all files if you wish. The code browser can now be automatically synced with your current editor position, meaning the code browser will update it’s context as you move around in the editor.
- Debugger – Highlight Changed Variables:
- When debugging an application inside of Komodo IDE, the watch and variable windows will now highlight any variables that have changed from the last break position, so as you stepping over your code, you can now easily tell when a variable has changed.
- Komodo Color Schemes:
- There are now a lot more dark based color schemes included in Komodo by default. Most of these new schemes were contributed by existing users of Komodo – if you have your own favourite color scheme you want included in Komodo then please send it in.
- Preference Searching:
- Komodo now provides a search box in the preferences page that can be used to narrow down the appropriate preference categories for the preference you are looking for.
- Notifications Pane:
- There is now a new notifications panel located in Komodo’s bottom pane that is used to keep track of the events occurring in Komodo. Statusbar messages, SCC actions and other events will now populate this Notifications panel – this allows easy reviewing, checking and copying of Komodo events.
- Document Toolbar:
- A new toolbar has been placed at the top of each editor tab. This toolbar will now contain editor specific controls such as the Sections List popup, Language selection and file encoding choices.
- Customize the Main Toolbar:
- It’s now possible to select the individual toolbar items you wish to be shown in the main Komodo toolbar. Use the View > Toolbars > Customize… menu to start your tweaking.
- Code Completion Widget:
- The code completions widget inside of Komodo has changed. Whilst most users shouldn’t the difference between the old and new completion widget, this will allow adding of additional information to the completions dialog and also allow us to add smarter code completions.
- Fast Find:
- A new interactive find widget has been added to the Komodo editor, which will speed up the time taken to search for text within documents. Using Ctrl+F (Cmd+F) now brings up a small textbox at the bottom of the editor view where you can type the text you wish to search for. The searching is done incrementally as you type, so you’ll see your matches instantly.
- Komodo Synchronization:
- Synchronize your important Komodo data between multiple machines. Changes made to the toolbox, remote server accounts or template files can be synchronized between all of the machines you use Komodo on.
- Code Collaboration:
- Two or more people can collaborate on the same document in real time. Changes made each individual user will be propagated to all other collaborators.
- Moveable Side Pane Widgets:
- You can now easily move any of Komodo’s side pane widgets to a different pane, such as being able to move the Code Browser to the right side instead of the left. Just right-click on the side-pane tab you wish to move and you’ll see a context menu offering you the ability to move the tab to an alternative pane.
- Syntax Checking:
- A syntax checking tab in the bottom pane – you can see those errors and warnings all in one place
- The ability to enable or disable syntax checkers on a per-file or per-language level
- Preference options – complete customization of syntax checking parameters
- Project Preferences: There are now a wider range of preferences that can be set on a per-project basis, such as the language interpreter preferences, project-wide indentation settings and syntax checking options.
- Updated Mozilla Code Base:
- Komodo is now on the Firefox 4 (mozilla-2.0) code base, which means:
- Faster startup – no component registration, so the first startup and restarts after add-on installation will be substantially faster.
- A better browser preview – supporting the lastest and greatest web technologies
- Stability – improvements to the underlying Mozilla code will make Komodo itself more stable
- New Languages
- Mojolicious – a Perl templating language
- LESS – a CSS extension language
- SCSS – a CSS extension language
- x86 or x64 processor
- 233 MHz+ CPU (500 MHz+ PIII recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB+ recommended)
- 200 MB hard disk space
- Code Refactoring: The new Komodo refactoring component has these smart code-transformation capabilities:
- Rename Variable: quickly and easily rename variables in the editor. It uses inline markers and multiple cursor selections to easily change the name of a code variable.
- Rename Class Member: similar to rename variable, but works on all instances and across multiple files.
- Method Extraction: move parts of your code into a new function. Any variables used in the selected text are refactored into function arguments and are then passed to the extracted method.
- Abyss theme:
- A new dark theme for the Komodo user interface has been added. This theme affects the Komodo UI elements outside of the main editor (i.e. different from Komodo color schemes which only affect the main editor colors). You can enable Abyss in the Komodo Appearance preferences.
- PHP 5.5 Support:
- We’ve added support for PHP 5.5, with a new Xdebug module (for PHP debugging and Code Profiling), updates for the two n…
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.