iBored is a portable application that you can use to edit the hexadecimal code of any file. It comes packed with several useful options that should meet the requirements of advanced users. Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can drop the program files somewhere on the hard disk and just click the executable to run. There is also the possibility of saving iBored to a pen drive or other mass storage device, in order to run it on any PC with minimum effort and no prior installers. What’s more, the tool does not create new entries in the Windows registry or Start menu, leaving no traces behind after removal. The interface is made from a normal window that you can fill with multiple files using the file browser, and select one to view its hexadecimal display. It is possible to connect to a remote PC, write blocks to file or vice versa, back up used blocks, perform a scan by specifying the start block, block count and steps, use a search function for hex or text, view a disk’s structure, and so on. iBored does not put a strain on computer resources, since it uses low CPU and RAM. It is very responsive to commands and works fine, without causing the OS to hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. However, its options are not intuitive for casual users, making it difficult to work with the tool..
iBored is a hex editor for disk sectors, but can also be used to edit files, including disk images. The application provides users with a simple means of reading, editing and writing disk blocks. iBored has an expandable template system for structural data that allows users to view and analyze disk structures.
Here are some key features of “iBored”:
- Can view disks in custom block sizes.
- Deals gracefully with read errors: You can copy a partially-damaged disk to an image file (bad blocks will become zero-filled in the copy) in order to use recovery tools on the error-free copy then.
- When modifying data, a “journal” file is written to your desktop that contains the previous data of the altered blocks, and it can be used to undo your changes.
- Can view partitions and other subranges as containers with their own start, length and block size.
- Can be re-launched with admin (root) rights to access non-removable disks (Mac OS X only).
- Detects connected iPods, showing their firmware partition contents.
- Can access disks remotely over a network connection.
- Can save a range of blocks to a file and write a file back to disk.
- Has a powerful template system to view and analyse disk structures.
- Can edit MBR and GPT partition tables.
- Can install a PC BIOS bootloader dealing with both MBR and GPT.
- Fixed another crash about “ThreadAccessingUI” when writing a file to blocks on Windows.
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.