Helicon Focus is a powerful tool created to help macro or any kind of photographers that want to extend the depth of field in their shots. The application makes use of a technique called ‘stacking’, which means that it takes multiple images and stacks them one on top of the other, overlapping and summing up the focused portions. To be able to do this, you need to have the same composition throughout the shots because the application uses anchor points to successfully blend the photos. Though it sounds like a complicated process, the interface of the application convinces you otherwise. It displays a comprehensive structure that makes it easy to load the photos, select the blending method, output resolution and smoothing level. Before rendering the images into one single output file, Helicon Focus allows you to retouch them to a certain extent. You can use a brush to copy parts from a source image, as well as clone them or paint with textures. The brushes can be adjusted in terms of size, hardness, color tolerance and brightness in order to ensure that you don’t exaggerate with the edit. In case you do, there is always the undo button. As far as export possibilities go, Helicon Focus offers you quite a few. You can choose to save the final image in JPEG or TIFF format as well as print it. Apart from those, you can also create an animation that depicts the focus transition throughout the images, and even export them as individual PNG layers. Since the end purpose of the application is to create a photo with an extended depth of field, Helicon Focus enables you to export the images as an explorable 3D model. Depending on the source images, the model won’t always look great but with practice you can certainly obtain some amazing results. In closing, Helicon Focus is truly a wonderful tool for anyone that is into macro photography and is driven by the need of obtaining great levels of detail..
Helicon Focus is a professional application designed to correct and enhance the focus in several images by merging them into one focused photo. It does so by merging all the focused areas. The utility can be used in optic microscope image processing to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem.Helicon Focus can also be used in macro-photography. The program can automatically adjust and resize images to combine the perfectly focused image. Helicon Focus can also be used to create panoramic photos by merging multiple images according to user specified parameters.
Here are some key features of “Helicon Focus”:
- Automatically adjusts and resizes images (important for stereomicroscopes and macrophotography)
- Uses all available processors (1.7 times faster with 2 processors, 2.3 times faster with 4 processors)
- Preserves details by using advanced interpolators for image manipulation (Lanczos, Sinc256)
- Internal workflow always uses 16 bit color depth to preserve colors
- Processes an unlimited number of images in the stack
- Supports dust map to automatically remove black points from the resulting images
- Automatically adjusts brightness of the adjacent images
- Reads RAW, 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, etc.
- Writes 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP
- 2 GHz processor
- 1 Gb RAM
- Resolution 1024 x 768
- 30 days trial
- Better performance and scalability
- Simpler and faster interface
- Asynchronous stacking
- Ability to save projects and continue retouching later
- Better RAW handling
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.