Garden Planner is a fun program that you can use to design the garden of your dreams, complete with plants, trees and other items. It can seamlessly handled, even by less experienced users.
The interface of the application is professional-looking and intuitive; you can start a new project from scratch, or use one of the sample plans – deck and lawn, small garden with pool, hedge garden with fountain, or terrace garden.
So, you can insert objects which are found in numerous categories, such as ‘Trees’, ‘Shrubs and Plants’, ‘Flowers’, ‘Ground Cover’, ‘Buildings’, ‘Walls and Fences’, ‘Herbs’, and ‘Symbols’.
Each of these items is completely customizable when it comes to the name, size, rotation, colors and locking mode.
In addition, you can use tools to design several styles of paths, garden beds, walls and fences, paving, pools and ponds, gravel and stone, edges and hoses, just to name a few. These include lines, curves, shapes and freehand.
Furthermore, you can rotate, resize and duplicate objects, bring items to the front or send them to the back, add labels, enable shadows, maximize the grid, as well as use the undo and redo functions. In ‘Preview’ mode, you can make a print plan by selecting which types of objects to include, along with numbers. Plus, you can export the project as a JPEG or PNG image of a custom size.
In ‘Notebook’ mode, you can view statistics of all the available items in your project, such as the total number, quantity, name and size of shrubs and plants. This list can be saved as a plain text document or table (CSV). Other features of Garden Planner let you import images into the plan, zoom in and out, and change the measurement unit.
The graphic editing program requires a high amount of system resources, has a good response time and includes a help manual. We haven’t come across any problems during our tests; Garden Planner did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs. Although the app comes with plenty of features, first-time users can easily figure out how to work with Garden Planner, thanks to its intuitive layout.
Garden Planner is a user-friendly application that you can use to design your own garden or patio, with minimum effort.
You can use it to arrange trees, plants, buildings and objects using an intuitive ‘drag and drop’ interface.
Additionally, you can produce a high quality color print out of your design, making Garden Planner a quick way of producing professional garden plans.
- Very easy to use interface
- Save and Load your own designs
- Use a wide range of generic plant shapes to design your garden, so you dont need to be a botanist to use it
- Produce a professional looking print out of your plan
- Use tools to quickly create paving, fences and paths
- Generate a report of all the plants and objects in your garden
- Create a library of custom plants
- Adobe AIR
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- 15 days trial
- Watermark on printouts and exported images
- Nag screen
- New Features:
- Version 3.1 introduces My Objects, which lets you select one (or more) objects and create your own custom object.
- As well as zooming in and out you can now change the base scale of the plan – which can be useful if working on small or really large gardens.
- Improvements to the interface and a bunch of bug fixes.