If there’s something any PC gamer will always want to have it is a means of starting any of the preferred games instantly. And preferably without having to go through the boring procedure of inserting the disc, waiting for it to load and then selecting ‘Run game’.
Well, if you feel the above is true for you, there’s some good news heading your way because you’ve reached the right page! Game Jackal Pro will do exactly that for you, namely help you dramatically cut down loading times for your favorite titles.
Before installing it you should save the files you currently have opened because a reboot will be necessary to complete the installation. You can postpone the restart, but in order to have the program run smoothly and enjoy all the features, you’ll have to do it sooner rather than later. Once you do that, you’ll be able to run it and enjoy its nice and friendly interface and all its functions.
The first thing you can do after it starts up is create a new profile, so grab the installation discs of your preferred game and get to work! Game Jackal will prove to be very helpful from the get go, thanks to its database that includes a few hundred built-in profiles for different versions of many hugely popular titles. You should also note that all the profiles you make can be modified, moved or exported to a different location.
As soon as you finished setting up all the needed profiles, you’ll be able to launch the games without having to insert each time the CD or DVD, thus greatly increasing its lifespan. The application also works well for those titles that require data streaming from the original disc. It will simply create a virtual image that will be used to emulate the presence of the hard copy.
When security becomes a major concern, Game Jackal pulls an ace out of its sleeve: ‘Guardian Control’. This neat feature will give you the possibility you to enforce restrictions on profiles, thus blocking unauthorized access to any of the games in your collection. You can also protect the application itself by creating a master password from the ‘General Settings’ menu.
Game Jackal Pro can definitely have a positive impact on your gaming experience, but it’s up to you to decide whether you love it or hate it. All we can do is give it a hearty recommendation, so take it for a spin and see just how useful it can actually be for you!
Game Jackal Pro is the ultimate “must have” killer app for the PC gamer! If you, like most gamers, find it annoying looking for and inserting the CD-ROM for your favorite game each time you play it, then Game Jackal Pro is for you.
Keeping your gaming investment safe: One major concern gamers have is the CD’s life span. The CD-ROM for a popular game may be inserted and removed many hundreds of times, this of course leads to the inevitable “Unable to read” error and ultimately a trip to the trash.
Unleash your games and go gaming “cd free” in seconds: Using Game Jackal Pro eliminates the need to insert the CD-ROM before playing your favorite title, therefore allowing you to fire up your favorite game in seconds.
Easy to use: Game Jackal Provides the user with a powerful and easy to use interface to go gaming “cd free”. It does this without modifying any of your game’s files or installing any virtual drives on your system. Simply select the game you want to play from the Game Jackal Pro interface, or create a desktop shortcut for even faster access.
Image mode: Image mode adds support for games that need to stream data directly from the CD or DVD during game play.
Keep young eyes from playing games that may not right for them: Game Jackal includes a feature called Guardian Control, that will allow restrictions to be placed on game profiles.
Young gamers can make short work of a game CD: Being able to pack away the game CD has proven to be extremely popular with parents of young gamers, where a game can be destroyed in weeks!
There’s no other product like it: The simple fact is that Game Jackal Pro stands alone. There’s no other product on the market that delivers the flexibility and functionality that Game Jackal Provides.
Ok… so Game Jackal Provides you with a way to protect game CD’s from the little hands of a young gamer, but how do we then stop these same young gamers from playing games that may not be appropriate?
Game Jackal Pro contains a very unique and powerful feature called Guardian Control, this allows a game profile to be password protected thereby ensuring that only specific users (i.e. those knowing the password) can play the game. And because your CD-ROM’s are now put away for safe keeping, there’s no fear of accidentally leaving a disc in the drive for a young gamer to find.
So now that we have limited what a young gamer can play, wouldn’t it be great if we could limit when games could be played? Well once again Game Jackal Pro provides a way… Guardian Control also allows rules to be created that detail when and how long games can be played. These rules can be as simple as defining a time (i.e. between 6:30PM and 8:30PM) during the week days in which games can be played to complex rules that involve many periods in which a young person can go gaming.
There are a few things to note when running Game Jackal under Windows Vista.
The first being that, although Game Jackal is compatible with Windows Vista, most games currently on the market are not fully compatible. This can cause issues when creating and using Game Jackal profiles.
If you experience problems under Vista, we recommend that you try the following (in the order listed).
1) Make sure the game has been patched with the latest updated available.
2) Run Game Jackal as administrator. To do this right-click the Game Jackal icon, select “Properties”, followed by the “Compatibilty” tab. Then check “Run this program as administrator”.
3) If you still experiencing problems, turning off UAC will fix most issues (we only recommend this option for experienced users).
Here are some key features of “Game Jackal Pro”:
· Create profiles right from the desktop with the new “One-click” profile creation option. Simply right-click any game icon on you desktop (or anywhere else for that matter) and select “Convert to Game Jackal Profile”, a much simplified creation wizard guides you through a 2 step process.
· Unused profiles can now be moved to an archive section allowing you to keep only your current favorites in the “My Game Profile” section.
· A new “plug-in” interface is now available, this allows third-party developers to create plug-ins for Game Jackal Pro.
· Right-click popup menu for profiles, this provides a faster and easier way to manage profiles.
· Improved reliability, support and performance for many games and hardware configurations.
· Support for multi processor hardware, including the ability to specific processor(s) on for each profile.
· Image mode, for games that need to stream data from the CD or DVD during game play.
· An easy to use interface, providing the user with a single tool for “cd free” gaming.
· The creation of a Game Jackal Profile is performed while you are playing your favorite game!
· Using the auto update feature, your version of Game Jackal Pro will always be the latest version available.
· Guardian Control, this feature allows for the password protection of game profiles in addition to specifying when and how long a game can be played.
· No longer do you need to find and insert the game’s CD-ROM.
· Preserve the original game’s CD-ROM: one of the problems with having a favorite game is that the CD-ROM gets damaged over time.
· Game load times are dramatically shortened
· IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM
· 2 MB hard-disk space
· 21 days trial
· Entirely brand new interface design
· Window 8 and 8.1 compatible
· A number of updates to improve profile capture and performance
· Tiled based interface, each profile now has its own “profile tile”
· A profile’s tile can be customized with a game image
· All new interface themes
· Existing v4.1 profiles are compatible with Game Jackal v5 (users are prompted to copy existing v4.1 profiles over to v5)