FileCenter is a complex software application, designed specifically in order to help individuals organize documents and directories from their hard drive, as well as manage their cloud from the desktop.
The interface is highly intuitive and has a modern design, built on several tabs, thus allowing users to easily browse through all the options available, such as the inbox, managing center, various file editors and a search function.
The latter tool enables you to look everywhere on the hard drive, according to user-input keywords, chosen file formats and created or modified dates. Results will be displayed in a list, along with details such as name, size, item type and path.
This software utility lets you toggle a file preview panel in any tab, therefore enhancing ease of use. Moreover, you can scan items to Word or e-mail, directly from the main window, as well as open, split, print and password protect PDFs.
FileCenter incorporates an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) function, which lets users transform scanned written text into a searchable PDF or DOC.
There is also a tab dedicated to editing TIFFs and PDFs. Here you can add a digital signature, rotate documents, take snapshots, highlight areas, cross out or underline text, attach other files as comments, erase items and use built-in stamps.
The settings panel lets you configure the startup view and number of maximum search results, choose a theme, show item count footers, force conversions to TIF as black-and-white, limit OCR to a user-input number of pages, and the list goes on.
In conclusion, FileCenter is a useful piece of software which does not put a strain on your computer’s performance. It is cloud compatible and there are extensive Help contents you can check out (video tutorials, classical files, tips).
FileCenter is developed as an easy-to-install and easy-to-use office software that can help you with your work.
FileCenter can help home and professional users scan, archive, organize, and find computer files.
The program is filled with time-saving features, giving you a complete solution within a single, simple interface.
FileCenter is a clean and intuitive file management software that can help you organize your files in no time at all. Combined with scanning, OCR, and PDF features, FileCenter becomes a total paperless office workspace.
- Manage & Organize Your Files:
- FileCenter uses a familiar Cabinet/Drawer/Folder design for organizing files. But if you prefer a traditional Explorer layout, FileCenter also provides an Explorer View.
- Scan to PDF or TIFF:
- FileCenter features one-click scanning for efficiently moving paper to PDF. Works with most desktop scanners (TWAIN or WIA compatible).
- Automatically OCR All Scans:
- FileCenter integrates OCR as a seamless part of the scanning process. Literally go from paper to searchable PDF in one mouse click. Use the built-in engines or your own favorite.
- Stack, Join, and Split PDFs:
- With FileCenter Professional, “stack” or join PDF files with drag-and-drop simplicity. You will also be able to split a single PDF into multiple files without opening it.
- PDF Reader & Viewer:
- Use FileCenter to open and preview your PDF files. The tabbed interface keeps multiple open files at your fingertips. FileCenter will also let you view your TIFF scans and faxes.
- OCR Existing Files:
- If you have scanned documents, FileCenter can make them searchable and indexable through OCR. Or, pull the text out of a PDF and send it to your word processor for editing.
- Insert, Rearrange, and Delete Pages:
- FileCenter’s Pages mode gives you a high-level view of your PDF document. It’s also the perfect place to reorganize pages, delete or insert pages, extract pages, etc.
- One-Click PDF Conversion:
- With one click, convert many kinds of files into the popular PDF format. Or e-mail files as PDFs – convert-and-send does it in one transparent step.
- Print to PDF:
- Turn Word documents, web pages, e-mail, or any other kind of file to PDF. Just print your documents to FileCenter’s included PDF printer to turn them into accurate PDF files.
- Scan to Word:
- If all you care about is the document text, why not just scan straight to Word? With one click, FileCenter will run a scan, extract the text, and open it in your favorite word processor.
- Separate & Save Scans Automatically:
- For high-volume scanning, FileCenter can automatically split a stack of scans into individual files. It can even auto-save those files to pre-determined destinations.
- Universal File Support:
- FileCenter can store any kind of Windows file. It also integrates cleanly with the Save and Open functions of most programs so that you can save and open with FileCenter.
- Folder Templates:
- If you use the same folder layouts over and over, FileCenter can make your life easier. Define reusable folder layouts and then recall them on demand.
- File Naming Rules:
- Set up a list of your most common file names in advance. Then save or rename files with just a couple of mouse clicks. These file naming rules can even contain dynamic information.
- Inbox; File Moving Tool:
- FileCenter provides an “Inbox” and a split view for organizing and rearranging files. You’ll even be able to rename files as you move them, or create links instead of copies.
- Enhanced File Preview & Thumbnails:
- FileCenter’s built-in viewer shows you any office, image, or PDF file on the fly, making FileCenter invaluable for quickly browsing through documents without opening them.
- Desktop & Network Search:
- Search through your documents as easily as you search the web. FileCenter’s full-text searching helps you locate files in seconds. And the indexes can be shared on a network.
- E-mail Files … as PDFs:
- Send any kind of file with one-click e-mail attachments. Just select and send. Need to send a file as PDF? FileCenter can send many kinds of files as PDFs, with no extra steps.
- File Encryption & Shredding:
- Use FileCenter’s strong encryption to protect private files from prying eyes. When you need to delete sensitive files, use FileCenter’s secure file shredding to do a deep wipe.
- Bridge the Gap with Outlook:
- FileCenter makes it possible to save and organize files by Outlook contact, bridging the gap between Outlook and your files. Go a step further and archive Outlook e-mail to file.
- Network Recycle Bin:
- The biggest shortcoming of network drives is the lack of a Recycle Bin. So FileCenter provides its own. Now if you delete a network file by mistake, it can still be recovered.
- Network Deployment & Administration:
- FileCenter Professional can make even non-technical users good network administrators. Simple tools make it easy to deploy and administer FileCenter on the network.
- CPU: 750 MHz
- Memory: 500 MB RAM
- Hard Drive Space: 100 MB
- Scanner: TWAIN Compliant Scanner
- 30 days trial
- Fixed a few minor Save/Open dialog issues