Load a GEDCOM file and display some basic reports regarding individuals, families, locations, occupations, data errors and loose deaths
Family Tree Analyzer is a simple and user-friendly utility that allows you to easily analyze GEDCOM data, identify date inconsistencies and even search for lost relatives on the web.
The application generates reports that include:
· Census Lists – form that permits listing everyone in your file that should be alive on a census at a particular date
· Loose Death list – shows all details where you have death date info for an individual but you haven’t updated the death record for that individual.
· Location Lists – verifies you have valid locations and double clicking on location text shows who is at that location
· Lost Cousin Report – shows you everyone you have already found on a census so you can check if you have entered them at lostcousins website.
This feature allows users to search the IGI with a single button click:
· The Marriage search trawls your data looking for missing or approximate marriage dates and then does a search for them on the IGI if they are within valid date ranges.
· The Children search uses a little known feature of the IGI to enter the names of parents and to search for all children of those parents. This works exceptionally well in Scotland where almost all records have the wife’s maiden name thus making sure you have the right father AND mother of a child is easy. The English records are considerably more difficult and this current version isn’t too hot at narrowing down the search. Future versions will attempt to use the Region/County field to narrow the search.
Also note it currently trawls the IGI for every family you have in your tree. Future versions will allow you to filter this to only families who are direct ancestors or blood relatives etc, or who are in a specific location or who have a specific surname.
- Double clicking now zooms in (left) or out (right)
- New Search box jumps to locations entered if Google can identify it
- New Edit button allows you to pick up marker even if its not on current zoom level
- Reset button will reset the location back to close to how it was on load
- Added option to copy and paste locations – useful when you have several locations in same street/place and you don’t want to manually edit them all
- Marking a location as verified or editing a location now updates the Google location by reverse geocoding
- Added check for Ancestry 1911 census references
- Tweaks to Google Georeferencing levels
- Fixed map issue when behind a proxy
- Understands GEDCOM DEATH Y tags used when death date/location unknown but it is known the individual is dead.
- Added support for MON YYYY-MON YYYY format dates