Edraw Viewer Component for Word contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as
Edraw Viewer Component for Word contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as an ActiveX document container for hosting MS Word documents in a custom form or Web page.
This component is both lightweight and flexible at the same time, as it provides developers with new opportunities when they want to employ Office in a customized manner.
The control is designed to handle specific issues that make using ActiveX documents from a non-top-level host window difficult, and serves as a starting place for constructing your own embedded object file viewer or editor as an ActiveX control.
It is a great solution for companies wishing to display read-only Word document data to their employees while restricting modifications to the underlying data. You can also display password protected Word documents without supplying passwords to your users – keep your confidential data safe and secure!
With the Word component it is easy to upload or download file between server and client via HTTP/FTP. It can be easily integrated to the modern integrated development environments like Visual C++, Visual Basic, C# or VB.NET, Acess, ASP.NET, Visual FoxPro, Delphi, PowerBuilder, and more.
- 30 days trial
- Supports to embed multiple Word Instances in the different form or the IE tab.
- Solved the toolbar disable issue when open a word instance outside of the component.
- Solved the word menu flicker in the IE 7 IE8, IE9 and IE10.
- Implemented “exclusive” office feature. If some Word documents get opened outside of the component, the component window and other Word window can avoid interfering with each other.
- Added the method to disable the view right click menu.
- Allows to disable the save, print and copy hot key (includes the F12 hot key).
- Invoked the Word event in the component.
- Supports to open the docx file in Word 2003 with 2007 compatibility package installed.
- Supports to open the password and write password protected word document.
- Added the protect type to allow only revisions or full protection.
- Added the bookmark and revision operations.
- Added the method to disable drag and drop function in the MS Word.
- Fixed bug: the component can’t hide MS Word ribbon 2010/2013 64 bit in IE 9.