Network security administrators require advanced software tools in order to keep an eye on the LAN activity, capture and analyze both sent and received packets. CommView is an intuitive application that serves this exact purpose, enabling users to monitor the network traffic. The application can only be used with dial-up or Ethernet networks, but a Wi-Fi monitoring edition is also available. It aims to gather information with regard to the latest initiated IP connections, transferred packets, sessions, opened ports, hosts, VoIP and decode the extracted data. Within its user-friendly and well-organized window, you can view a list of the active network connections and network statistical data (bandwidth utilization, traffic reports in real time). Furthermore, CommView is capable of analyzing individual data packets and display their source and destination, network access points, used protocols, ports, channels and nodes. The powerful filtering system enables you to create rules that exclude certain packets and capture others, while the customizable alarms help you set automatic text, sound and e-mail notifications for specific events, such as the detection of suspicious packets, unidentified connections or bandwidth threshold exceeding. With the help of this application, you can read call logs and generate reports concerning H.323 or SIP voice communication sessions, errors and endpoints. It provides support for the most widespread protocols and allows you to easily reconstruct TCP sessions or UDP streams. CommView enables you to search for hex data within the captured packets, import them to other similar applications or save them to log files for later reference. Also, IP addresses can be exported to SmartWhois for performing address lookup. Additionally, it comes with a packet generator, remote monitoring and performance statistics reports. Combining ease of use with an advanced feature set, CommView provides a complete set of tools for monitoring the traffic, analyzing the content of the transferred data and viewing network statistics.
CommView is a program for monitoring Internet and Local Area Network (LAN) activity capable of capturing and analyzing network packets. It gathers information about data passing through your dial-up connection or Ethernet card and decodes the analyzed data. CommView will help you see the list of network connections and vital IP statistics and examine individual packets. Packets are decoded down to the lowest layer with full analysis of the most widespread protocols. Full access to raw data is also provided. Captured packets can be saved to log files for future analysis. A flexible system of filters makes it possible to drop packets you don’t need or capture only those packets that you wish to capture. Configurable alarms can notify you about important events, such as suspicious packets, high bandwidth utilization, or unknown addresses. CommView includes a VoIP module for in-depth analysis, recording, and playback of SIP and H.323 voice communications. CommView is a helpful tool for LAN administrators, security professionals, network programmers, or anyone who wants to have a full picture of the traffic going through one’s PC or LAN segment. This application requires an Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, or Token Ring network card supporting the NDIS 3.0 driver standard, or a standard dial-up adapter.
Here are some key features of “CommView”:
- View detailed IP connections statistics: IP addresses, ports, sessions, etc.
- Reconstruct TCP sessions.
- Map packets to the application that is sending or receiving them.
- View protocols distribution, bandwidth utilization, and network nodes charts and tables.
- Generate traffic reports in real time.
- Browse captured and decoded packets in real time.
- Search for strings or hex data in captured packet contents.
- Import and export packets in Sniffer, EtherPeek, AiroPeek, Observer, NetMon, and Tcpdump formats, export packets in hex and text formats.
- Configure alarms that can notify you about important events, such as suspicious packets, high bandwidth utilization, unknown addresses, etc.
- Create your own plug-ins for decoding any protocol.
- Exchange data with your application over TCP/IP.
- Export any IP address to SmartWhois for quick, easy IP lookup.
- Pentium III or higher
- 128 RAM
- 9 Mb HDD
- 30 days trial
- A completely reworked protocol decoder: more supported protocols and a summary for each packet.
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.