Assess the aerodynamic performance of your 3D model
Caedium and its add-ons combine to form an easy-to-use Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software system that can help you assess the aerodynamic performance of your 3D model.
Caedium can help you create any 2D / 3D geometry or import your geometry from another CAD package. Caedium allows you to simulate how a gas or liquid will flow over and through your geometry.
The program was specially created as a simple to learn and efficient application. You can study how the physics of your model changes over time or as you modify your model in real time.
Caedium’s unified simulation environment makes it easy to change your model on the fly and quickly see the results of your changes.
Examples of models you can analyze with Caedium:
· Airflow over an aircraft wing
· Water flow around a submarine
· Airflow over a moving car
You can download the basic version of Caedium (without any add-ons) for free! This free download functions as a viewer for Caedium files and allows you to get a feel for Caedium’s easy-to-use interface and capabilities.
- OpenGL graphics card support recommended
- Internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Python v3.3.x
- 300 MHz or higher, Intel or compatible processor (CPU)
- 128 MB RAM or better
- 300 MB free disk space
- SVGA 800×600 or better
- New Features and Enhancements:
- Improve your heat transfer predictions with the option to include radiation [RANS Flow]
- Realize faster and more robust operations with major updates to the Caedium subsystems: Open Cascade, VTK, wxWidgets, and OpenFOAM®
- Create ‘bullet time’ animations with the particle freeze option [RANS Flow|Panel Flow]
- Specify mass flow rate directly for incompressible simulations [RANS Flow]
- Mark non-rotating Moving Reference Frame (MRF) boundaries for rotating simulations [RANS Flow]
- Generate better triangle surface meshes that account for poorly aligned face geometry [RANS Flow|Panel Flow]
- Try the CUDA GPU linear solver option using CUDA 5.5 with support for the latest NVIDIA Tesla cards [RANS Flow]
- Generate stunning ray-traced images with support for the latest version of POV-Ray 3.7 [Viz Export]
- Bug Fixes:
- Property slider (e.g., Finish->Slider) did not update values during interaction
- Cp result creation failed for VOF simulation [RANS Flow]
- Window backgrounds w…