Fast, easy-to-use PC hardware reliability and stability testing in Windows
Society’s reliance on computers means that the cost of hardware failure can be enormous. BurnInTest can thoroughly exercises PC hardware in the shortest period of time so intermittent or hidden problems are found before they turn into a disaster.
BurnInTest is an easy-to-use software tool that simultaneously exercises all of the major components of a computer to test for endurance and reliability. The user can select hardware components to test and individually adjust the load placed on each one via slide bars.
Each test reports results to its own window and results are summarised along with any errors detected in the main program window. A computer’s major components (including CPUs, raw and formatted hard drives, tape/CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drives, sound and graphics cards, RAM, network connections and ports) can be tested at the same time.
Results can be saved to disk, printed or exported as a graphical image. Other features include periodic logging, a temperature monitoring interface and max CPU temperature test, and timed test runs.
BurnInTest also gives users access to detailed system information including as the CPU data (such as amount of CPU cores and physical CPUs, CPU features, clock speed and L2 cache size); Physical and Virtual Memory read outs and advanced Graphics Card information.
Pre-defined quick tests, context sensitive right-click menus and hotkeys for common tasks means that stress-testing your machine has never been easier. BurnInTest is also available with serial, parallel and USB loopback plugs to facilitate port testing and features comprehensive online help and in-built help files.
All purchases of BurnInTest 6 include 12 months of free technical support and major/minor software upgrades. BurnInTest is suited to computer enthusiasts, systems integrators and manufacturers or anyone who wants to cost effectively evaluate their system.
This program allows all the major sub-systems of a computer to be simultaneously stress tested for reliability, endurance and stability.
Here are some key features of “BurnInTest Standard”:
· Assists in PC Troubleshooting and diagnostics
· Avoid delivering D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) hardware to your customers
· Dramatically reduce your burn in times with multithreaded simultaneous testing of components
· Build your image as a supplier of quality systems.
· Avoid costly downtime, system rebuilds and lost data.
· Test the stability of a system after configuration changes or hardware upgrades (critical for overclocking)
· Online help & PDF manual
· A customer style results certificate
· Support for printing results
· Logging of results to disk in user selectable levels of detail (in ASCII format & HTML formats)
· Timed test runs that will stop automatically at the expiry of the selected time or after a number of test cycles.
· The ability to save your results to disk as log file.
· ‘Notes’ and ‘Machine ID’ fields for storing your own audit information along with the saved log file.
· Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word) via a variety of image formats. (BMP, GIF, EMF)
· The ability to select the level of load placed on each component, via the setting of a duty cycle for each test.
· Counters that count the total number of operations performed.
· An easy to use point and click interface
· Can be run from a USB drive or CD (under Windows)
· Summary system information including CPU type, CPU speed & Serial number.
· Temperature monitoring interface (with additional 3rd party Intel Active Monitor, HMonitor, MotherBoardMonitor and SpeedFan software)
· Laptop battery & UPS monitoring interface (with additional BatteryMon software)
· Support for production line automation and detailed logging
· RAM testing beyond the 4GB barrier in Windows 2000, XP and Vista (up to 64GB of RAM)
· Printer testing using raw print files, or standard B&W or color testing
· MP3, Midi and Wave file playback for sound card testing
· Testing of up to 20 hard and floppy disks simultaneously
· Testing of up to 20 CD/DVD drives simultaneously
· CD / DVD testing using specialized test CD/DVDs (or use the complementary CD-Maker software). CD burner testing
· Windows shutdown and cyclic reboot testing (with complementary Rebooter software)
· Scrolling ‘H’s for Electromagnetic Compliance (EMC) testing to ANSI standard C63.4-1992
· Video RAM testing
· Testing the playback of Videos
· Support for SMART hard disk parameter checking
· 128 MB RAM
· 30 MB hard disk space (plus an additional 10 MB to run Disk check)
· Direct X 9.0c (including August 2008 Component)
· SSE compatible CPU for SSE tests
· A printer to run the printer test, set-up as the default printer in Windows
· A CD ROM + 1 Music CD or Data CD to run the CD test
· A CD-RW to run the CD burn test
· A network connection and the TCP/IP networking software installed for the Network tests
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
· CPU temperature monitoring and additional CPU information for Intel Silvermont/ Bay Trail and Ivy Bridge-EP (e.g. i7-4930K)
· New scripting commands: SETTEMP THRESHOLD, SETTEMP AUTO_CPU, SETTEMP AUTO_GPU, SETTEMP AUTO_DISK and SETTEMP SAMPLE
· If Temperature->”Stop testing on threshold exceeded” was triggered for multiple temperature sources at the same time, then the Stop tests action could occur more than once (e.g. more than one FAIL Window could be displayed). This has been corrected