BricsCad Platinum is one of the most decent alternatives to AutoCAD, oriented towards a wide audience through the rich range of uses and an affordable price. BricsCad Platinum targets more industries than AutoCAD, but doesn’t embed the support that the latter provides for the education field. Which one is the better choice is a matter of both taste and purpose, as a comparison process reveals minor differences in functionality. BricsCad is brought in three different flavors: the Classic edition provides 2D CAD design, while the Pro version includes the features of the Classic, with the added benefits of 3D direct modelling. The Platinum edition, however, is the most feature-rich of the suite, as it encases assembly editing, as well as 3D constraints on top of BricsCad Pro. BricsCad features support for all the major CAD formats, including DWG, DWF, DXF, ECW and BMP, but lacks the 3DS compatibility that Autocad sports. However, it can perform 3D direct modelling and has support for Building Information Modelling (BIM). Assembly modelling is another top feature, organizing DWG models in hierarchical structures, therefore allowing you to compose an assembly of components seamlessly. It can also generate associative 2D and 3D drawing views from source 3D models. BricsCad Platinum offers full control over scaling, therefore the printed models will reflect the real-world dimensions of the drawing more accurately. In more recent releases, the application received Chapoo compatibility, allowing you to upload files to the cloud and share them with your colleagues and collaborators. Moreover, the Communicator module (which is optional) allows for the easy exchange between all the major CAD formats. All in all, BricsCad Platinum comes across as a rich and powerful CAD solution, which architects and engineers can make use of to turn their ideas into reality at less cost than AutoCAD..
BricsCad Platinum is a comprehensive and lightweight DWG CAD software that provides users with tools to write and read DWG files without conversion. BricsCad Platinum reads and writes the DWG format and offers high compatibility with AutoCAD 2009. BricsCad Platinum has a very recognizable intuitive user interface and requires no extra training. Dimensions are updated automatically when the geometry has changed. You can even dimension Model Space entities in Paper Space and see them being updated when you modify the entities in Model Space. In BricsCad Platinum, dimensions can be linked to entity snap points such as endpoints, midpoints and perpendicular. Associative dimensioning applies to both linear and angular dimensions. Layer states let you save and restore configurations of layer properties and states. You might want a layer to display in blue sometimes and green at other times, or you need some layers to be off or frozen or locked when editing a specific part of a drawing. After spending a lot of time adjusting all layer settings you can use layer states to save your settings. You can save multiple layer states in a each drawing Using BricsCad Platinum’s Quick Select you can specify filters, such as entity type, color, linetype or any other entity property, to compose a selection set. After composing the filter criteria you can choose to add the matching entities to a new selection set, add the entities to the current selection set or remove them from the current selection. Quick Select applies to the entire drawing or to a previously created selection.
Here are some key features of “BricsCad Platinum”:
- Assembly modeling
- Kinematic analysis
- Bill of materials
- Dynamic UCS
- 3D Direct modeling in rendered mode with the Quad tool
- 2D and 3D constraint solving
- Design intent recognition
- Powerful 3D render engine and materials editor
- Chapoo connectivity
- Dynamic input and dynamic dimensions
- Associative dimensions
- Attribute management
- Graphic device per viewport
- Publish improvements
- Layer filters
- Reference editing
- Processor: 1 GHz processor or faster, or compatible processor
- RAM: 256 MB, 1 Gb or more recommended
- Hard drive: 250 MB for program files + 1 GB free space
- Display: 1024×768 XGA with true color (minimum)
- 30 days trial
- Nag screen
- Implemented the MSLTSCALE system variable:
- MSLTSCALE = 0: linetypes displayed in modelspace are not scaled by the annotation scale.
- MSLTSCALE = 1: linetypes displayed in modelspace are scaled by the annotation scale.
- MATCHPROP: added MULTILEADER support to the MATCHPROP command.
- SR36074 – PRINTING: the performance of printing images to large paper sizes has increased dramatically.
- SR40623 – PASTECLIP: implemented the hidden ‘Scale’ and ‘Rotate’ keywords for the PASTECLIP command.
- SR42755 – OLE: an OLE object inserted as a link, is now regenerated automatically after modifying the original document.
- SR43139 – LICENSE MANAGER: LOCALIZATION: the free trial dialog was not wide enough to fit the German text.
- SR43142 – LICENSE MANAGER: the edit field for the proxy server password now displays dots instead of the password’s characters.
- 3D CONNEXION: pressing buttons resulted in wrong actions when using device drivers of version 10.
- CRASH: BricsCAD crashed when dr…
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.