BlueStacks is an easy to use yet powerful software solution designed to run Android apps right on your Windows machine.
Boasting a very effective emulation engine, BlueStacks impresses thanks to its user-friendly approach, making everything easy as pie for all types of users, be they beginners or with a bit more computer knowledge.
Once installed and launched, BlueStacks displays 10 pre-loaded applications, with a dedicated option to allow its users download new ones from the Internet.
What’s more, there is no separate configuration screen, but only a few options, so you shouldn’t spend too much time setting up the program.
One of the best things about BlueStacks is that it runs the Android apps in full-screen, with very fast loading times and with absolutely no errors. Most of the games can be controlled by mouse, just like you’d do on your typical touschscreen mobile phone.
Another feature that’s worth mentioning is the so-called BlueStacks Cloud Connect, a separate tool designed to allow users push their applications from the Android device to the PC and thus access them on the computer.
BlueStacks runs on low resources and works just fine on Windows 7, but there are some minor compatibility issues on older systems, which means it may fail to load on Windows XP and Vista.
Overall, BlueStacks is an effective piece of software that brings the flavor of Android apps on your computer. Although it doesn’t boast such a large collection of apps, it’s still a good way to test some popular mobile titles on the PC.
End consumers can now enjoy their favorite Android apps on Windows PCs. Android apps can appear either as icons on the Windows desktop, or within a full-blown Android environment.
The main window of BlueStacks displays all the available applications in the store that work on Android OS.
BlueStacks helps PC manufacturers to ride the Android momentum by enabling Android apps on x86-based tablets, netbooks, notebooks, convertibles and AiO Windows PCs.
With the new hybrid convertible form factors, BlueStacks completely eliminates the need to carry two devices. In the end, the consumer will be getting the advantages of both Android and Windows on the same computer.
Here are some key features of “BlueStacks”:
· Play Android apps fast and full-screen
· Push your favorite apps from your Android phone to your PC using BlueStacks Cloud Connect
· Run 10 pre-loaded apps “out of the box”
· Install up to 26 more of your favorite apps
· May not work fast on older netbooks and tablets
· At least 2 GB RAM
What’s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Better App Compatibility:
· Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja – even apps with hardcore graphics like Air Attack HD work now
Windowed and Fullscreen Modes:
· We added windowed mode to give you the option – due to popular demand!
Sync Apps Smoothly From Your Android Phone to PC:
· Our Cloud Connect App (Available for your phone in Google Play) is much simpler to use now.
· A more dynamic interface lets you explore and download apps quickly and easily
Direct AppStore Access:
· We’ve integrated with GetJar, 1Mobile and Amazon to let you download apps right from your PC
Popular Download Section:
· We suggest the latest popular apps for you to download with one click
· We’ve translated BlueStacks to be easier to use worldwide
· Change the size of the app, uninstall apps easily and more