This is the portable edition of BestSync – a feature-rich application developed for file synchronization between a wide range of platforms, including FTP, network shares, Amazon S3 and Outlook.
Since installation is not a prerequisite, you can simply extract the program files to any location on the hard drive and run the executable file directly.
Otherwise, you can move BestSync to a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any computer effortlessly. Thus, you can carry the tool in your pocket wherever you go.
What should be mentioned is that the Windows Registry section does not receive entry updates, and files are not left behind on the hard drive after program removal.
The interface of the application is user-friendly. Setting up projects is done in a wizard-like layout, so a few steps are required to carry out a task in no time.
The source and destination directory can be any location from/to the hard drive, removable disk or remote PC via LAN, FTP, SFTP, ZIP file, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Google Storage, Outlook or Windows Mail.
BestSync can automatically backup the archiving system, in order to store files ready for deletion or overwriting during the synchronization process; it is possible to specify a time limit for maintaining these backup files, or to secure a full backup for every specified days.
Moreover, you can create an inclusion or exclusion list of subfolders, filter files by type, date and time attributes, or size, process multiple files simultaneously and establish the maximum thread number, copy NTFS permissions and specify the task priority, use the Volume Shadow Copy service to copy opened or locked files, encrypt and compress the backup file, as well as rename files, just to name a few.
It is also possible to schedule tasks, make the program start a task when a disk is inserted or a net drive is mounted, enable real-time sync mode to update files immediately after modifications occur, view log details, save and import tasks, and more.
BestSync offers multilingual support, has a good response time and takes a decent amount of time to finish a sync job while using a low-to-moderate quantity of CPU and system memory (thus, it doesn’t hog the computer’s resources). It supports hotkeys and includes a help file.
To conclude, BestSync integrates a wide range of advanced options to help professional users effortlessly carry out a file synchronization job between multiple platforms.
BestSync Portable is a performant application designed to help users perform synchronization actions.
BestSync Portable optimized for portable usage. No need to install, only decompress the executable files to the root folder of the removable disk. When the removable drive is inserted, the BestSync Portable is started automatically. The portable version does not have FTP sync feature.
BestSync is an easy-to-use yet powerful and reliable file synchronization and continuous file backup software. It automatically analyzes, synchronizes, and backs up your files and Outlook emails between desktops, laptops, servers, and external drives, as well as remotely through FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3 cloud storage.
Before synchronization, BestSync makes backup all the files in your computer that will be replaced or deleted during the synchronization . This is the unique and most important option of BestSync while synchronizing from multiple locations.
In this way, original files of all stages can be restored easily, So using BestSync instead of any other synchronization software, you don’t need to worry about losing file at any updating stage. BestSync supplies powerful features that are especially suitable for business usage.
Note: After the 30 days trial period, the application will remain functionable but will disable the following features:
· Synchronize with net drive or shared folder
· Compress and encrypt file while synchronizing file
· Start sync when media is inserted
· Delete old file
· Logon to network drive
· Copy open/locked file
· Synchronize with FTP server
· Synchronize with a ZIP file
· Synchronize with Outlook, Windows Mail
· Resume from the last broken point
· Auto-Sync by schedule
· Synchronize with WebDAV
· Run as a Windows Service
· Real time sync, sync file immediately after change
· Support FTP Proxy to sync file behind firewall
· Send log file by e-mail
· Save log data to CSV or HTML file
· Automatically clear old backup file
· Support AddOn DLL File
· Connect FTP server with SSL
· Synchronize with SFTP server
· Process multiple files simultaneously
· Control FTP upload/download speed
· Synchronize with AmazonS3
Here are some key features of “BestSync Portable”:
· Synchronize file – Work with 2 or more computers
· Backup & Restore file – Protect you data
· Synchronize folder with FTP/FTPS/FTPES/SFTP server – Online access file
· Synchronize folder with WebDAV collection – Online access file
· Synchronize folder with Amazon S3 Bucket – Online access file
· Synchronize a folder with a ZIP file with complex filtering functions.
· Synchronize with MS Outlook, Windows Mail
· Support FTP Proxy, HTTP Proxy.
· Run as Windows Service, No need to logon
· Real-time Synchronization
· Resume a file transfer from the last break point.
· Bandwidth control for download and upload file.
· Resolve conflict intelligently and automatically
· Encryption & compression – Keep your data private
· Flexible Schedule – Automate your task.
· Preserve the timestamp after uploading the file to FTP server.
· Detecting time zone, Resolving conflicts caused by Daylight Saving Time change, Preserving FTP file timestamp.
· Works on any file system and media.
· Trigger the task by the insertion event of a removable media
· Automatically logon to network sharing folders before synchronization.
· Automatically reconnect to remote folders if they lose connection during Analyze or Sync.
· 30 days trial
· Improvement: Synchronize SFTP files with invalid characters for the Windows system in the file name.