AxCrypt is a software that enables you to easily encrypt files and folders. It’s essential when you are sharing your computer with multiple users and want to maintain your privacy. Since this is an ad-supported product, you should be careful when installing AxCrypt. It offers to download a third-party component that it doesn’t need in order to work properly. The tool places itself in the Explorer context menu, so you can access it by right-clicking a file or folder. So, you can encrypt files by entering a passphrase and optionally a key-file, as well as set AxCrypt to remember this setting for decryption and to use it as default for encryption. In addition, you can encrypt a copy of a file and optionally convert it to the EXE format, clear the passphrase memory, create a key-file (in the TXT format), as well as shred and delete a file. You can also change the interface language. After encryption is applied to files, they receive an “AXX” format (appended to the file name), along with the AxCrypt icon. So, other users cannot even view the thumbnails of your files (which is a great solution in case of images, for instance). AxCrypt can take a long while to encrypt a file (depending on its size) but it uses a very low amount of system CPU and resources. However, other processes clearly run slower during this time. No errors have occurred during our tests. Unfortunately, AxCrypt doesn’t support drive encryption and there is no help file available. Otherwise, we strongly recommend it to all users..
File encryption using the AES algorithm with 128-bit keys. It combines strong symmetric encryption with compression and double-click editing/viewing. Encrypted files have a ‘.AXX’ extension added to their names, and are shown with a new icon. To encrypt a file, right-click it in Windows Explorer and select ‘AxCrypt | Encrypt’. To edit or view an encrypted file – just double-click it. To decrypt, right-click and select ‘AxCrypt | Decrypt’ instead. No configuration is necessary. Run the installer, and AxCrypt is ready to use. Simply accessing the Windows context menu will display all the functions of AxCrypt.
Here are some key features of “AxCrypt”:
- Double-click to edit/view with any application, with automatic re-encryption when done
- Extensive optional command-line interface for scripting and programming
- Integrated shredder
- Use a regular passphrase and/or a strong key-file
- Self-decrypting files supported
- 6 languages in one executable distribution
- No options or user interface – easy to install and use
- Absolutely no configuration needed – just use it
- Secure memory handling – no keys or data in the paging file
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions
- This is a major refactorisation of the build and the dependency handling.
- We now fully support building AxCrypt with 100% free tools such as Visual C++ Express 2010, MSBuild and WiX.
- There is also support for a single installer for 32-bit and 64-bit both.
- Installation recommendations by OpenCandy are supported by the installer which are fully optional.
- Minor bugfixes. Dependency updates (Crypto++, ZLib, WTL, ATL, SDK, Tools)to the very latest.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
To Download this Software please Like it on Facebook and more link!
Trackback from your site.